Outfeed table for the R4511

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfeed table for the R4511

With the coming of the new R4511 saw, the next Q will undoubtedly be: "Who has built an outfeed table for this saw?"

Woodworkers Journal in the Feb. 2009 issue has just what you are looking for on page 50. A 6 page article loaded with photos and drawings on building a fold down outfeed table for a cabinet saw.

I don't subscribe to WWJ, but as a Rockler customer I got an email today with a link to view this issue for free online.

Below snipped from the email. You can subscribe to the digital issue of WWJ for one year for $9.95 (6 issues). The online viewer works nicely.
    Just to be clear I have no connection with Rockler or WWJ other than being a Rockler customer.

http://www.zinio.com/express3?issue=273042679 (Click to view free online issue)
    Free Digital Issue of Woodworker’s Journal!
    Rockler, in partnership with Woodworker’s Journal, is proud to once again bring you another full issue of Woodworker’s Journal magazine for FREE.

The February 2009 issue is now available to you online (just for being a Rockler customer) - every page, just as you see it in the print magazine - in a super-easy-to-use format. Just visit any of the links throughout this message to try out another digital issue for FREE.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 02-05-2009, 08:53 AM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Outfeed table for the R4511

Way to go Bob, you beat em to the punch, answering the question before it's asked. Anyone want to start a pool for guessing the number of times, in the next 6months, that the question will be asked anyways? Maybe this thread should be made into a sticky.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Hi Bob-

Unfortunately the link you provide takes me to an Aug 2008 digital issue and not the February 2009 one. I'm a Rockler customer so hopefully they will be sending me the email as well with a correct link. Take a look and see if you have the updated link.

Thanks.
      Todd

Comment

I just received my email from Rockler with the link to the Feb, 2009 issue this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MGedge View Post
          I just received my email from Rockler with the link to the Feb, 2009 issue this morning.
          Would you mind sharing it with us? Just thought I would ask.
          Thanks.

Comment

Try http://www.zinio.com/express3?issue=...ginid=68839411 That's the link from the Rockler email.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by toddski07 View Post
              Hi Bob-

Unfortunately the link you provide takes me to an Aug 2008 digital issue and not the February 2009 one. I'm a Rockler customer so hopefully they will be sending me the email as well with a correct link. Take a look and see if you have the updated link.

Thanks.
              Todd
              Yup, I was aware of that. I did not use the link in my email because I believe it is
              linked to me and I did not want everyone in the world going there from a link in an
              email that was tagged as me. I provided a shortcut to the link that was on their page
              where you sign up for the digital edition so people could see an example of what the
              digital edition looked like.

If you go to the Woodworkers Journal web site, there is a link to the digital edition
              of the current issue there.

Look for "See the digital issue now"

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/
              Last edited by Bob D.; 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks for the link. Now if I only had the R4511 to attach it to! Soon I hope. Red
                Red

Comment

Hi Bob-

I understand your concern about posting the direct link. I followed John's link and was able to reach the Feb 2009 issue. The first thing on that page is a note saying how easy it is to share this issue with your friends by simply clicking the 'send to a friend' icon they provide. It appears that they are actually trying to promote you share this with others when you visit the link...so it should be ok to post. But I do understand your initial concern.

Thanks again.
                  Todd

Comment

Working...
                  X