X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 & 44/100% Pure

I built a "Thien Cyclone" for use with my 4511 table saw and general dust collection. I'm using a 15 gallon chemical drum with 2-1/2" fittings powered by a 6.5HP shop vac. I've been using my 4511 for about three weeks now without any dust collection, so there was a ton of built-up saw dust inside. I vacuumed the inside of the saw and also the garage floor through the cyclone and there was basically zero detectable sawdust in the shop vac and about 10 gallons worth of saw dust in the cyclone drum. I could'nt believe it. I'd say it captured atleast 99% of the dust and dirt I vacuumed up. It Should keep the suction level of the vacuum at or near peak for quite a long time! Definately worth checking out this link to Thien cyclone site. http://www.cgallery.com/jpthien/cy.htm

Millman,

Re: 99 & 44/100% Pure

"99 & 44/100% Pure"

Damn, it sucks being old enough to know where that came from! Does it float too?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

"99 & 44/100% Pure"

Damn, it sucks being old enough to know where that came from! Does it float too?

LOL! Dave, I knew one of you oldtimers would would get the reference. Ironically being a plastic drum it will float!

Millman,

Comment

Double Damn, it really sucks being called an oldtimer!

BTW, nice job on the cyclone.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Double Damn, it really sucks being called an oldtimer!

BTW, nice job on the cyclone.
          Welcome to the group!!!

Comment

Nice work, Millman! Thanks for the link to the cyclone. I've wondered about getting one of the Woodcraft cyclone tops...I think I'd be better served making the one shown on your link.

Welcome to the group!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Not only do I get your title but that's the soap I've got in the shower... It still says the same thing on the package.

I've been thinking of doing one of those cyclones for awhile now. I need to get off my can (ouch) and get it done.

Comment

Working...
              X