Kreg Jig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kreg Jig

Hi folks! Greetings from Wales in the UK and thanks for sharing your experiences on this forum site. I've only today ordered a Kreg K2000 Pro-Pack Jig System on offer with Axminster Power Tools in Devon, England: http://www.axminster.co.uk It cost me £49.99 (or US $71.44) reduced from £82.86 (US $118.42.) Not a bad price!

Did consider the K4 at US$90.52 but the K2000 at US$71.44 had a clamp and what seems to be a little more versatility for less money! To me, Pocket Hole jointing seems to be 'pocket-hole jointing' whichever Kreg jig is used. All users of a wide range of the Kreg jigs speak highly of the system.

Looking forward to taking delivery and getting on with some tasks around the house!
    Last edited by Bawddwr; 02-21-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I recently purchased the Kreg R3 kit from Lowes for $40. It includes the drill bit/collar, kreg jig jr, clamp adapter, square drive bit, a few different size screws and a case. The only major piece not included with this kit is the face clamp, but I used an Irwin quick grip clamp instead. I would highly recommend it because of its ease of use and professional results when building furniture. Just one recommendation: buy extra screws, Lowes has a decent selection.

Comment

The new deluxe kit is on my list of must-have's.

Comment

I have the K3 Master System and it is quite good IMHO. I am new to woodworking and have built my router table using it and the joints are tight and strong. You have to read the instructions, but on most things you do. It was fast, strong, and convenient. I LIKE IT!

Comment

I have the kit also and it's terrific!

BUT...there is only one design limitation and that has to do with the plastic port to connect a wet/dry vacuum. First why can't manufacturers standardize their dust port sizes????
            Most wet/dry vacuums are 2 1/2", 1 1/2", or that odd ball 1 7/8"

This also applies to power tools with dust ports.

If you have an odd sized opening because of tool design then at least supply an adapter
            or make them easily available as an accessory.

The other design limitation of the Kreg it the dust port is only a small friction fit. Any wear of the plastic and you are covered in debris! I'm sure a simple redesign can improve this part of the system. Make it screw on, as often the weight of the dust collection hose will
            pull the plastic port off the tool!

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
            X