No announcement yet.

Router table for TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woody, you could buy another webbed wing from Ridgid then run metal bracing to the saw legs...

Looks like you have a nice setup going there...how do you move the saw?
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I thought about that but when I looked up the price of the wing I said NAW.

It moves really easy. I pull the lift and router out of the table which comes right out with no hastle. Another reason I like that HUGE plate. The pre drilled angle is more than strong enough to hold it but don't want the strain on the wing. The legs are just to take up vibration weight when in use. The right side is light as can be.
      The Herc-U-Lift works perfect when I need to move it. Lately though with the big area it is now, I just through an old vinyl table cloth over the thing and use it finishing or glue up drying.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Patrick---you might find something you could just drop in, but I would tend to doubt it. That's why I pointed out you might spend some time adapting a comercial top to fit your saw.

I hear you about having a ww'ing project that you need to start on---all to many times, I get rushed into doing a project and then wished I'd waited and built that shop project first---it would have made the job so much easier . Just keep in mind that the heavier you make the extension/router table, the more likely you'll need additional leg support.
        Dave

Comment

KellyC - no new holes, just loosen the rails and shift them right. I did add another factory extension table (webbed cast iron). I saved some left rip capacity for my left mounted router table - when I pick one.

Woody - what is your router table made of? It is hard to tell from your picture. Is that a homemade insert plate as well? How did you attach your right extension table to the rails?

Daveferg - I was hoping to find someone who had experience with one of these router tables but no such luck so far. I'll have to decide if I want to build one or try fitting one of these aftermarkets on the saw. I get by using an old table that someone gave me but upgrading would make life easier. If you know of any posts with good plans for a TS mounted router table point me to them.
          Patrick

Comment

Patrick

It's a multi layer of MDF, best I could count was 25 layers. It's accually part of a system that belongs to the Powermatic table system seen below.

Opps. Salesman showed this set up, but it's the 28" cabinet saw size.
            This is the one I actually purchased.

I just bought the table and lift w/fence w/o the extra extension.
            The lift bears the name of powermatic also but is the JessEm Rout-R-Lift system.
            You can see it at all angles here:
            http://www.jessem.com/Rout-R-Lift.htm
            The right table wing was really a snap. All I did was remove the cast iron wing and laid the wing and my extension upside down on my glue up table which is about as flat as you can get.
            I marked the wholes that were in the wing to the extension, then drilled them. I then turned the wing around and marked the wholes on the undrilled side of the cast iron wing, and drilled them. Spent about 2 bucks on hardware. After I put the wing back on, and mounted the extension I used a straight edge and lined up the wholes on the table saw and wing and marked them on the extension. Picked a couple of places and drilled in. Mounting the front rail first I just used washers and the brass shims that came with the saw and got it straight. Then mounting the back rail the same way, I just made sure the two rails were perfectly parallel. Slapped the fence on it and squared it to the miter tracks.
            The extension I fabricated out of scrap pieces left over left over from the 1st cabinet I built for the RAS.
            When our new son (wife mostly) allows me to have shop time again, I'll take a saturday and tear the whole table saw apart and do a pictorial on it on my web site since there is so many questions on it.
            here's the addy:
            www.woodys-workshop.com
            anything else I can do for any of you's while I'm house/computer bound (with son on lap) just let me know!

[ 02-04-2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody, I haven't come across multi-layer MDF before. I thought it was made up from pressure treated dust, resin, ground chippings, toxins etc. Are there layers in MDF?

Don't get me wrong, not trying to be SmartA.. just in learning phase.

David

Comment

ok, hang on a few.
                I'll run out to the shop and get a pic and post it.
                brb.

I stand corrected!
                never paid any attention, but these lines seam to be some sort of cut lines.
                Ok, so I need better glasses, I admit it.

[ 02-02-2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]

Comment

It's a multi-layer ply' similar to Baltic birch, but using some composites---I believe you'll find it at Woodcraft---least that's where I saw it.
                  Dave

Comment

I have been monitoring this forum for some time,but I just registered.I just wanted to say,if anyone is interested,that HF has a cast iron router table that will fit the ts2424.
                    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search
                    I mounted it on my 2424 and it was not quite 27" wide but a little shimming took care of that.Since I don't have a lot of experience at woodworking,just getting started,I can't give you an expert oppinion on it.It does not have a cut out to mount a router plate,so that eliminates a router lift,unless you know a machinist,it does have 6 T slots,with4bolts,under the table,for universal mounting of router,It comes with a fence and a dust chute,but I won't comment on that.
                    I bought on sale for 179.00 and ordered in DEC. so it took over a month to get it,not the fastest service,but twas the season.
                    Sorry to talk so long on my first post,hope this will at least be informative.
                    Dave

Comment

Dave, I didn't get the link to go...can you post the number of the item?
                      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

The # IS 45470-OVGA

Dave

Comment

Thanks...did you replace one of your wings with the table? I'm thinking that one is too heavy for the right area when the rails are moved over on a 2424....maybe it could be supported from below...how do you like it?

Comment

I replaced the left wing,I really don't do enough woodwork right now to give an honest opinion. I made a sled and used the slot on the router table for the left runner and the slot to the right of the blade for the right runner.I can't move my rails to the right because I don't have enough room.For the time being I use a 10X16 storage building and I have to work around the stuff stored in there.

Comment

Working...
                            X