X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any users of the ridgid 13" planer?

has anyone used the ridgid tp1300 13" planer? i have never used a planer and would like some insight on it or other brands-the basic positives and negatives. all

had mine for about 2 years now good planer but i think the 2speed jobs are an improvement, dust collection port is cheesy but it works, biggest problem ive had is my hobby has outgrown the planer and if i had it to do over id get a 15 or20" from bridgewood or grizzly cause i use almost all rough sawn lumber now and surfaceing with a lunchbox type is sloooow bill

Comment

I have the delta 12.5" 22-560 and have machined thousands of feet of rough lumber with it. It does a great job but I have to agree with Bill it can be painfully slow, not in the feed rate but in how much material you can chew off in a single pass. The big advantage is that it takes very little storage space. If you have patience and low funds these 'portable' planers are great

Comment

I have used my Ridgid tp1300 to plane over 2k board feet and am pleased with it. The wood was cut with a bandsaw mill and it took several passes with each board, but it gave a professional looking end result.
        \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

I've had mine a little over a year and it seems to do everything I need it too.
          I'm not to the point of using rough lumber yet but it seems to work great. Make sure you get the dust collection kit.

Comment

hey thanks alot. its good to hear that this planer is still doing its job.
            storage is an issue for me so i think the 13" is the right choice at this time, although i have grown-out of a few tools

Comment

I love my tp1300...great value. I found this article helpful when I was deciding which to buy, maybe you can get something out of it too...

http://www.taunton.com/store/pdf/nmtg01_02.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X