X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts-3660 vs delta

I need a good table saw and am looking at the ts-3660 or a delta contractor saw. Both are about the same price and quality for the most part. I have read many blogs about ridgid vs delta but none list accessories. Tennon jigs, pannel cutters, fence adaptors. Does ridgid offer these? If not can other makes fit on the ridgid saw. I think both saws will do a good job of cutting a piece of wood, but what about the special cuts and functions. Did ridgid work out the problem with the dado?

Re: ts-3660 vs delta

I'm sure there are more accessories for the Delta, and their throat inserts are common. I also like the Delta fence better, but if you can find a 3660 on sale for $400 it'd be tough to pass on. Otherwise hold out for the new Ridgid hybrid for $600....should be in stores anytime now.

Comment

If you want the 3660 you better hurry up and get one. Because of the clearence price they are becoming scarce. I only have seen one locally and that was the floor model. I have also heard that a lot of the Home Depot's will have the main box but will be missing the box for the rails so make sure if you find one that you are getting both boxes.

Comment

The 3650 has two boxes. There is just one box for the 3660.

Comment

Tenoning jigs from both Woodcraft and Rockler work on the TS 3650/3660. The Incra miter jig and other after-market miters will fit. Since the 3650/3660 has a cast iron top, the mag jig things will work. It's important to note that the mag jig accessories will not work on granite top tools like the Steel City line and the Ridgid R4511.

I make my own zero clearance throat plate inserts from materials I have around the shop (usually plywood). It's just not worth it to buy a zci when I can make one simply and cheaply.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

What problem does the 3660 have with a dado???

Comment

The only thing I can think of that would make one ask about a problem with Ridgid saw and dadoes was addressed years ago. There was a problem with some of the arbors on the Ridgid 3650 that would make the dado blade closest to the arbor flange sit low. This was caused by a problem in the machining of the arbor. That problem has since been resolved, probably 5 years ago and is no longer a concern.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
              X