TS3660 blade narrower than splitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3660 blade narrower than splitter

Thanks for the tip. I will call right now and see if I can get a new blade. Is there a specific one I should ask for?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that all that they will send you is just a replacement OEM stock blade. You might want to suggest to them to measure the kerf before they send it out.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

FedEx dropped off a replacement Ridgid blade today. I haven't measured it yet but it's definitely OEM quality, not like the Ridgid blades that are sold separately. Of course, I didn't really expect an upgrade...

Comment

I received my replacement blade from Ridgid and the teeth meas. .098". The blade that came with my TS3660 meas. .071". This new blade should work fine since my splitter meas. .085". I'm very pleased with the quick response to my concern from Ridgid.

Comment

Hey everybody first time poster. Great forum...

Anyways, i bought the TS3660 from Home Depot about 2 weeks ago, my first table saw.

I am having the same problem regarding the saw blade and splitter on my TS 3660 saw. I got everything aligned using my dial indicator, squared and aligned the splitter and I was ready to go.

I started a crosscut and had trouble pushing product through the saw, it seemed to be getting caught on the splitter. Took the splitter off and the product slid right through no problem.

Looking at the threads on this post, I got out the calipers and checked the thicknesses, sure enough, the blade was about .070"-.072" on the tooth

I then measured the splitter and it was .085". You can see the pictures below

Following the advice of the forum, I called customer service about getting a replacement blade. This is where my trouble began.

She told me that they do not ship blades through the mail and this a warranty issue and I have to take it back to the store i bought it from. Unfortunately, the closest Home Depot is 90 miles from my house.

How did the rest of you resolve this issue. Did they ship you a blade or did you go back to the store? The customer service rep was very unhelpful, but maybe I just talked to the wrong person. Any advice appreciated.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bigdisu1; 03-03-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

My replacement blade was shipped FedEx. I doubt it will ever be mounted to the saw unless I'm running something really questionable through...

This is who handled my issue (through the https://register.ridgidpower.com/ site), you may want to see if you can deal with him:
              Tom Clinkscales
              Consumer Response
              One World Technologies, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkroy View Post
                My replacement blade was shipped FedEx. I doubt it will ever be mounted to the saw unless I'm running something really questionable through...

This is who handled my issue (through the https://register.ridgidpower.com/ site), you may want to see if you can deal with him:
                Tom Clinkscales
                Consumer Response
                One World Technologies, Inc.

Thanks for your suggestion,

I am going to call back and try to get another person, but if that doesn't work, I will send a email.

Being my first table saw, I am still gathering parts, this is the only blade I have right now, but I hope to switch it out soon.

Comment

When you call back, ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get the answer you want. There is no way that is a warranty issue as nothing is broken. The blade is undersized but it isn't broken.
                  ================================================== ====
                  All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
                  X