X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 blade narrower than splitter

I'd been knocking my head against the wall getting the splitter aligned on my new TS3660. With the splitter aligned as well as my eyes allow I couldn't even rip a little piece of MDF as it would hang up on the splitter. Coming from a saw with a riving knife (CM 21829) I thought I was just doing something stupid in the set up. Turns out that the blade is ~0.071" while the leading edge of the splitter is ~0.086! I'm glad to find I'm not crazy!

Has anyone gotten a replacement blade (or splitter, I suppose) from Ridgid after seeing this problem? I'm just curious what they've sent as a replacement. I'm going out this afternoon to buy another blade regardless but I am wondering if I should bother contacting Ridgid about the problem...

Re: TS3660 blade narrower than splitter

Originally posted by kirkroy View Post
    I'd been knocking my head against the wall getting the splitter aligned on my new TS3660. With the splitter aligned as well as my eyes allow I couldn't even rip a little piece of MDF as it would hang up on the splitter. Coming from a saw with a riving knife (CM 21829) I thought I was just doing something stupid in the set up. Turns out that the blade is ~0.071" while the leading edge of the splitter is ~0.086! I'm glad to find I'm not crazy!

Has anyone gotten a replacement blade (or splitter, I suppose) from Ridgid after seeing this problem? I'm just curious what they've sent as a replacement. I'm going out this afternoon to buy another blade regardless but I am wondering if I should bother contacting Ridgid about the problem...
    I found the same thing. I plan on sanding (grinding) the splitter to make it narrower.

Comment

IMO you shouldn't be modifying the splitter to match up with a bad blade...

Comment

Are you saying the kerf is 0.07 inches across the teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by Knot Me View Post
          Are you saying the kerf is 0.07 inches across the teeth?
          Yep, check out this pic (best I could do to get close up):

Comment

Please notify Ridgid, even if you plan on buying another blade. They have a simple problem that will affect a lot of buyers, but is easy to fix (ie wider blade). Besides, IMHO a .070 blade shouldn't even be sold for a 10" saw.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I just meas. mine and the blade and splitter meas. are identical to yours. I purchased my Ts3660 last May(08). Does anyone out there get different meas.

Comment

My TS3650 splitter measures 0.08375". I bought it in Dec. 2003.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I have the exact same issue. I have notified Ridgid via email, and I am awaiting their response. I will not use their blade.

Comment

Originally posted by rmedad View Post
                    I have the exact same issue. I have notified Ridgid via email, and I am awaiting their response. I will not use their blade.
                    Hopefully you'll hear from them shortly but you would probably get quicker results with a phone call.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                      Hopefully you'll hear from them shortly but you would probably get quicker results with a phone call.
                      So far, I am a very pleased Ridgid customer. They responded within a few hours of my email and have said that they are sending me a new blade. We will see when it arrives!?!?!?!?! (And if it is a properly dimensioned blade!)

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting help and a new blade.

But I am wondering is that where the problem lies?

Is the blade thinner than those issued in the past or
                        have they changed something about the splitter that
                        has contributed to the problem or is it a combination
                        of both?

Judging from the variations in splitter thicknesses
                        reported by a few here for saws of varying age I'm
                        not sure know what the answer is.

I have my original blade but used it only until I got
                        one of better quality. I'll measure its tooth width
                        and body thickness next time I am in the shop.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I bought my TS3650 in Jan 2006 (do not know the mnfgr date). My splitter measures 0.085" with paint (back thickest edge). The original blade's teeth measure between 0.0922" - 0.0929" but it saw some abuse and a lot of wood before I replaced it. The blade body measures 0.054".

Just for reference.

Go
                          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Hi,
                            I'm new to the forum and I bought my 3660 on clearance about 2 weeks ago and have had the same problem. Some material goes right past the splitter without a problem but when I try to rip larger boards it hangs on the splitter. I contacted customer support and they are sending me a new splitter. The lady I talked to said she had only had one other call about this so hopefully the new splitter will do the trick. Other than that I absolutley love the saw.

Thanks for all the great input.

Comment

Originally posted by thromspokane View Post
                              ......... I contacted customer support and they are sending me a new splitter. The lady I talked to said she had only had one other call about this so hopefully the new splitter will do the trick. Other than that I absolutley love the saw.
                              Call her back and cancel the splitter. Tell her to send you a new blade instead as the problem is with the blade not the splitter.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X