Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glad I got the TS3660

E Fisher - hope you like the saw.

I'm on my second one (it's a long story, and not the saw's fault), and if I have one simple piece of advice to you, it is to check the nooks and crannies on both sides of the styrofoam in the box before you toss it. I didnt get the leg support plates with my second one, but I have a lingering doubt that they may have been in just such a place. Not to worry, Ridgid sending out another set, but others have missed the little bag with the end plates for the rails too.

Enjoy (and the instant you take the protective oil off the cast iron, protect it with something else)!

Comment

Roadster, thanks for the advice. I'm definitely looking forward to putt this bad boy together.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        what is tuners tape and where can it be purchased? any chance for a hyperlink? thanks.
        You can also use carpet tape, found at Lowe's in the carpet section.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

The 3660 insert is 1/2" albeit about .015" under so if you use 1/2" material you still are better off rabbiting and tapeing for a perfect level. To cut it use a 8" blade first then a 10"- much safer!! Note my "ts3660 modifications" thread.
          Originally posted by E Fisher View Post
          I've just found a 3660 at Home Depot and am definitely considering getting it. I currently have a 2424 (Ridgid's model from several years ago) and see the 3660 as a cheap way to fix almost all of the shortcomings of the 2424. one of the shortcomings i'm looking to fix is the rinky-dink throat plate that comes with the 2424. it is thin, thin, thin and very hard to make zero clearance inserts for. If you want any thickness in the middle you have to rabbet the edges so that the thicker blank will set down in the saw. What a hassel.

So, after all of the whining, i have a question. Does the 3660 have the thick throat plate at the edges? i know that a lot of tables saws use 1/2' thick material for their plates. is this the case with the 3660?

thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comment

Working...
          X