Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410LS Dado Blade Insert Plate?

1st time poster, long time Rigid user.

i just picked up the above saw on a good sale and got rid of my old craftsman belt driven saw. i had a dado blade for it and a dado blade throat plate.

my question is, where do i pick up a dado insert plate for my new ridgid saw? does HD sell them?

Re: TS2410LS Dado Blade Insert Plate?

also, i managed to get the blade guard assembly to fit in the storage area, but it doesn't seem overly secure. is this normal? it says to slide it in, but it doesn't seem to slide very well, it seems to go in better if i align it with where it's going to go and then push it in? it's like the orange tabs that secure the clear blade guard (acrylic part) don't quite fit over it, so it's not under the tabs.

any suggestions?
    Last edited by brucered; 02-20-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

You can buy blank inserts here.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I don't have this particular saw but it wouldn't be too much of a big deal to make one using a router and your original insert. Search here for ZCI for ideas (e.g., http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...&highlight=zci).

Comment

I have the same saw.

I actually had HD special order the dado throat plate and some zero clearance inserts for less than it would have cost me to get them directly from Ridgid.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom5151 View Post
            I have the same saw.

I actually had HD special order the dado throat plate and some zero clearance inserts for less than it would have cost me to get them directly from Ridgid.

Tom
            thanks for the replies,

does your blade guard assembly fit nice and secure in the storage area?

Comment

It's normal for the blade guard assembly to not stay secured in the storage area. While its a small design flaw it's not such a big problem. It can't fall out with all the stuff around it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
                It's normal for the blade guard assembly to not stay secured in the storage area. While its a small design flaw it's not such a big problem. It can't fall out with all the stuff around it anyway.
                thanks, it's not going to make or break my decision to keep it or not. i just did my 1st few cuts with it, and it cuts like a hot knife thru butter, much better than my craftsman belt drive saw (which left the house yesterday)

in regards to the blade guard storage area, i just wanted to make sure i didn't get one that was misaligned or something. but yeah, when i put the blade guard assembly in place and then tilt the saw up, it falls out of place, but not right out.

it'll mainly be kept in the "ready to use" mode anyway. it's a nice little saw for what i paid $449 canadian before tax.

Last edited by brucered; 02-20-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

i just google the blade guard assembly storage, and bingo, it looks like a common problem.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22259

Comment

Using the Search feature at the top of the page would also have helped you locate that thread.
                    ================================================== ====
                    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                      Using the Search feature at the top of the page would also have helped you locate that thread.
                      sorry. i found my answer to the throat plate and the blade assembly storage problem.

mods feel free to LOCK this thread.

thanks again everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by brucered View Post
                        thanks for the replies,

does your blade guard assembly fit nice and secure in the storage area?
                        To be honest with you I have never tried to store it there. When I do take it off which is rare, I store it on the shelf. However the storage areas for the miter guage and rip fence are great. It's a little tough to get the fence free from the stroage area at times but other than that it works great.

Comment

I don't know if you still need your zci. But if you do here is a great video on making one yourself.

http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/146/...e-dado-insert/

Comment

Working...
                          X