X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410LS Table top not level

i just noticed when i have the rip fence on the right side of the blade, it rubs a bit on the table on the back side. it is slightly above the table on the front, but not the back.

also when i move the rip fence from the main part of the saw onto the extension, it is not completely level, i actually have to raise the fence a bit to get over a little ridge.

it's a brand new saw, should i be making adjustments or exchanging it? i'm guessing it's just a minor adjustment.

Re: TS2410LS Table top not level

I had this problem for my 2410. I had the top replaced. See
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13258

Comment

i actually just finished loosening and then readjusting the back rail, and it's all square now.

it looks like it was just misaligned, not warped.

my saw was BRAND NEW, so even if i have a problem, i'll just return it and/or have it warrantied.

Comment

well it's not flush again. the rip fence drags on part of the tabletop. i've adjusted the table extension, per the instructions pg 39 of manual (loosen the 4 bolts, level it and re tighten), but i can't get it to stay flush.

it seems as if the rails have a bit of play (sag). all of the bolts are tight, but when i pull up a bit on the front and back rails, the have a bit of movement. is that normal on this saw?

Comment

i think i'll stop by my HD and see what the display model looks like and whether or not the rails move on that one.

if they DON'T move and the table is LEVEL, i'll exchange mine for a new boxed one.

Comment

i contacted ridig thru my toolbox, they said to take it back.

i guess i have to lug that thing back to HD. they are OOS right now, so i'll use it for a few days, then exchange it.

hopefully the next one is fine out of the box.

Comment

new saw was fine out of the box. it was level and all the stops were accurate, the 1st one had to have some minor adjustments.

i think i'm really going to enjoy this saw. i also picked up my 14.4v X2 nicad batteries today, courtesy of the LSA.

Comment

I've had the 2400 for several years now and love it. I did have to make the adjustment you mentioned after a year or two of use, but haven't had to adjust it since.

Comment

Working...
                X