X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 Saw modifications

After 43 years with my 8" Craftsman I finally made this jump and after reading all the things you guys have done to yours I thought I'd share mine. The pictures tell the story. 12.5" out feed table attached with 1" yellow pine supports tight to table top with 1/4" bolts thru enlarged existing holes in saw body. May extend guide grooves but may not. Can use spacer or reverse the guide on that rare occasion. Used surplus counter top. Homemade router extention with homemade fence. I thought I'd invented this 20 years ago but I quess not. Rewired wiring so router (or anything) can be pluged in and controled with the saw switch. Handmade inserts. Adjustable stop on edge of router extention for holding piece when belt sanding. I tend to use the saw as a work table to. Not shown are the sacraficial fence piece (that's what the 3 extra square head bolts are for) and the 24" guide extention which attaches with two screws to the guide when needed. By the way I had simialar mods on my old saw.
    I must say this saw is a real beauty, the fence is "the best", the herc-U-lift is also. And I like the flat belt drive. Sorry about the guard fellas. For me it's too late and don't follow my lead on this. Also I'm staying with the 2.5" shop vac hookup for now and using my wireless remote. Vac is remote in garage. OK so far. Reserve the right to enclose the body and run a vac to that space like I had on my old saw. That way you don't have to turn on the vac with every cut.
    Attached Files

Re: TS3660 Saw modifications

Nice work, lamlam4!! Keep posting and we'll keep steal... er, using your ideas.

Later,
    Chiz
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

I'm thinking trying to put my router under an extension, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to get the plunge spring out. Did you have to do the same, and if so, how?

Thanks!

Comment

No I did not take a spring out. Thats one of the drawbacks of a plunge router but I've gotten quite good at "micro adjusting" the depth. Being able to easily just lift the router out makes it possible as it just sets in place in the counterbored pocket. Thats why the pocket is as big as it is so the router can be lifted thru the hole. I mounted the router to a piece of 1/4" polycarbonite , i.e Lexan and I take it out for freehand routing.

Comment

have you thought about adding a couple of pieces of wood to the right edge of your tabe saw fence to use as the router fence? Then you can adjust your cut if you need to.

Comment

Nice outfeed table , looks better than mine.
            I only wanted something to keep stuff from falling on the floor.
            mine looks fine from the top - just dont look under it. lol

Comment

Thank for the pic. very inspired
              rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Working...
              X