X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What WW magazines do you read?

Wondering which wood working magazines you read and/or subscribe to. Which do you think consistently have the most useful information?

I was at Borders book store last night and the quantity and quality of WW magazines is overwhelming

Currently I subscribe to Handyman and Woodsmith and plan to subscribe to Shop Notes next.
    Alan
    My Shop

I shudder at the thought of it, but I just counted and I think I buy them all...

My two favourites though are "Wood" & Fine Woodworking. Every now and again I buy one that really hits the spot and find lots of things in it that I either build, want to build or put on hold for the future.

So many projects, so little time...

Cheers Ivor in Calgary.

Comment

i just subscribed to Popular Woodworking. I have been buying it off the shelf for several months and it has good articles. They only publish 6 issues/yr, but the content is good. Some other monthly magazines are thin on content.

Comment

I subscribe to Woodsmith, Wood and Am. Woodworker, but also buy Pop. WW'ing off the shelf a lot. Shopnotes, I buy depending on the articles. I think they all vary somewhat, as to interest to me---think the key is getting a good price on the subscription---Wood, I got for a $10.00/yr. promotion through Woodcraft. Am. WW'r was also on a special my grandneice was selling through Girl Scouts.

As to FWW---think I just bought my last copy---they are the most expensive on the shelf and just raised their price a buck (now $7.95)---I'll wait for the movie
        Dave

Comment

Was shocked when I did the research, I subscribe to Am Woodworker, Woodworkers Journal, Woodsmith, Wood, Popular Woodworking, Shopnotes, Workbench, Family Handyman and ocsionally but Fine Woodworking off the shelf. All have they're good and bad points but I seem to find something of interst in every issue.
          JD

Comment

I subscribe to Wood, Woodsmith, and Shopnotes. I prefer the latter two, primarily because of the lack of advertising [img]smile.gif[/img] . Even though there is less content per issue, I think I use that content to a greater degree than that of other magazines.

Comment

Am. Woodworker and Shopnotes. And about three zillion catalogs.
              Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Comment

Working...
              X