X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Sale this year?

Any news of a tool sale at HD this year?
    Looking to get the RIDGID JP0610 jointer and the DW735.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Re: Tool Sale this year?

You can pretty much bank on something happening the day after Thanksgiving.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

These sales haven't been worth waiting for lately, at least not from what I've seen. They were good during the boom years but the slow economy means most of the big holiday sales were nothing special this past holiday season.

Comment

There's a sale on now in Canada (at least there is in the Toronto area). Up to 50% off. Just bought a cordless drill and possibly will buy the planer. Check out homedepot.ca. Prices are in Canadian dollars.

Comment

The last couple years there has been a "Power Tool Event" at HD in March or April during which they offered a tiered discount promotion based on the amount you spend on power tools. Generally, the more you spend, the higher the discount percentage. I think I got 25% off one year and 20% the other. I've been watching for one, but no luck yet.

-O&B

Comment

Lowes is doing a Dewalt sale (17% off) select tools as well as select Hitachi tools (20% off)

Comment

I just got back from my local Lowes and saw the same DeWalt sale notice, but note that it's not across the board. The DeWalt 735 planer, for instance, was 10% off.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkSJohnson View Post
                I just got back from my local Lowes and saw the same DeWalt sale notice, but note that it's not across the board. The DeWalt 735 planer, for instance, was 10% off.
                Not bad pricing, but Amazon is still a better deal. I love how Lowes adds the S to the Hitachi brad nailer to prevent them from having to price match Amazon. I even went so far as to print a picture off of Lowe's web site which clearly shows the model (and without the s), and they still claimed they were different.

Comment

I'm holding out for a two for the price of one on the Ridgid 3.0AH lithium batteries, of course they will come in handy when Ridgid introduces the 1/2" Heavy Duty Impact wrench with over 240ft/lbs of torque and on board LED light.

Comment

Amazon is the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X