Trouble with pocket holes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble with pocket holes

Yeh I used the 1 1/4 screws, but once I reset the bit not to cut as deep seems it solved my problem. I was lucky that most of the wood that split I cut down and used in a different project
    Please check out my web page
    www.woodandwax.net

Comment

Thanks a lot for your input. I will try this on some scrap wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
        I am no one to give advice on pocket holes because I have a terrible time using them too. The result is I haven't used them in a few years. My almost new Kreg set sits in a drawer in its case along with a few bags of assorted screws.
        Hmmm, which kit do you have? Wanna get rid of it at an uber-cheap price?

Comment

I use the Kreg a lot. Put the drill bit in the hole let go in as far as it can in the hole. then take your board and bring up beside the drill bit where it comes through the jig.

You can then see where the tip of the drill is going to come out.

Kreg supples some spacers that will lift the board up or let it go lower. Put in or take out theses spacers untill you can see that the point of the drill is going to come out of the middle of the board you going to drill.

You can also adjust the stop on the drill up or down and do the same thing.

If I've mudded the waters for you e mail me.

Comment

Working...
          X