• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftex = Rigid

Anything on this page look familiar?
    Attached Files

Re: Craftex = Rigid

Sorry for the poor quality but it is the only picture I could find.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a rebranded 3660 to me. What is the price point?

Comment

I'm not sure it follows that Craftex=Ridgid.

I'd be confident in saying that the tooling is the same (less Herc-U-Lift), but that's about it. Given that TTI had a good cast iron saw design, and Ridgid have moved over/been moved over to granite, it makes sense to me.

I'd expect the pricing to be in the region of $400-$500 US.

Comment

I don't know if this is fact or fiction but I have seen reports that TTI isn't making the new Hybrid saw. Supposedly or factually, TTI has farmed out the production of this table saw to Steel City. If that's the case then it wouldn't surprise me one bit if TTI wouldn't continue to make the 3660 and just badge it with other names.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Steel city is making the Ridgid hybrid. Warranty is through TTI though.

Comment

Would appear to be made by TTI (or is it Emerson??).

JW

Originally posted by Hacksaw123 View Post
              Anything on this page look familiar?
              Last edited by Toolfreak; 02-24-2009, 05:29 PM.
              - Toolfreak

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw123 View Post
                Sorry for the poor quality but it is the only picture I could find.
                it sure looks like the Ridgid saw doesn't it?, i was talking to one of the Busybee workers @ the Toronto wood working show this past weekend & he told me it's made in the same factory, he also told me they changed the design of the blade guard & the fence, much better designs he says, busybee tools is always looking to improve, the price on the saw at the show was $399.

Comment

I received a Busy Bee catalog yesterday that shows a Craftex table saw made in Taiwan which except for the colour matches the TS3650 exactly. It has the same front rail, the fence and even the side metal plates are stamped the same. Guess that means the Ridgid TS3650 is no longer produced. Or that Ridgid no longer buys the TS3650 from this manufacturer but the Craftex now does. Interesting to see if the quality is the same.

Comment

I bet it is the same saw but not an Emerson motor.
                    Advertised at 4994 CA. without Herculift.

I paid my 3650 426$ CAN for a lifetime waranty VS 2 yrs with Craftek.

I made a better deal!

Comment

Check this out!

Ridgid guts:

Craftex guts:

Ridgid fence:

Craftex fence:

The Craftex is obviously bigger!

Comment

I got my 3660 at HD...someone had special ordered it and changed their mind...was list priced at $549, then put in clearance for $399...mgr of tool area wanted it out since it was "too heavy to keep moving" and offered me 40% off the $399...after reading this forum, I decided to take the leap...at $240 I think I probably got it close to the wholsale price. Now I just need to finish putting it together !

artie in miami

Comment

notice how the Ridgid saw is ORANGE, while the Craftex saw is GREEN - definitely not the same thing....

all jokes aside, I assume TTI needs to sell their product to someone ?!? otherwise thats one more plant to shut down.

Comment

Working...
                          X