X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dc 2000

does any one know where i could get my hands on one of these dust collectors?

thank you

josh

Re: dc 2000

who makes it . searched and didn't find it by this no.

Comment

Joshuashu,

I believe you're asking about the DC2000 series made by Penn State Industries. Here's the link: http://www.pennstateind.com/store/DC2000B.html

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

actually it was made by ridgid in 2004 i believe. just wondering if any one had one or knew where i could get one.

Comment

I've looked for them in my area a while back and couldn't find them either. Called in not only my county but the next and they are gone. The picture that they had on the aisle is now gone and no longer on the HD website. I really want the dust collector kit too, but can't get it. Good luck in finding one and hope they come out again or something just as useful in its' place.

Comment

Okay, I just went to the M and D Mower website to look up a manual so that I could see what this looked like. Here's a link, click on the DC2000 listed in the lower part of the page to get a PDF of the parts list: http://www.m-and-d.com/ridgid_parts.html

I've been watching the Ridgid product offerings very closely since 2003, and I've never seen this product until a few minutes ago when I looked up the parts list. So, unless Ridgid is keeping it a big secret, I can only presume that this was discontinued prior to 2003.

In any case, about the only suggestion I can make is to check E-Bay. Also, from what I see, you'd probably be money ahead of the game in looking at another source, since I can't find any referance from Ridgid/Ryobi/TTI for a similar product.

Sorry,

CWS

Comment

yeah i found one on craigslist but is in ontario, i emailed the guy to see if he would ship it or not and havent heard back yet. thanks for the info i will keep looking.

Comment

here is the link

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/1043531056.html

Comment

They went on clearance this summer/fall time frame for about $25 and was about the time that I discovered them. I was looking all over for one and had several stores check for any in adjacent counties where I could get one as I sometimes have to travel. Not a one available and I so wanted to find one for my shop and 16 gallon vac to act as a dust collection system. Looked like a good product, but I too was not aware of them until after they went on clearance.

Comment

Spinalzo,

("They went on clearance this summer/fall time frame")

If you spotted a sales referance for this product it surely must have been something discovered in a lonely warehouse somewhere, I think. (Please, no offense meant!) I'm in one of two Home Depot stores almost every week and I'm on this website at a minimum of every few days and this is the first mention that I've seen of a Ridgid product with this model number.

Searching back through the forum, there are a few mentions of the DC2000 product from Penn State Industries, but I had to go back to 2003 to find mention of a Ridgid branded DC. Even then, it was mentioned as an older product.

From what I surmise it appears that this unit never made it to the TTI/Ridgid product agreement. So, it only existed as one of the old "Gray" tools produced prior to 2003. Here's only a few of the links that I found:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=DC2000

I guess this leads to the question: Why is Joshua looking for this particular DC?

Certainly that are some very competitive and popular DC's on the market. IIRC, a Delta unit got top honors in the last year or so. The Penn State DC2000 is nicely priced and offers both good flow and filtration specs. Certainly there are other offerings too, from Grizzly and others.

Perhaps it's just that we all like Ridgid!

I hope this is helpful,

CWS

Comment

CWS,

I guess I've gotten spoiled over the years in buying Ridgid. I was almost to the point of sufferintg from "bargain fever". Most of the items that I've purchased have been at such incredible bargains that anytime something comes along on sale, I go Pavlovian, salivate and buy. The items that I've bought have all served me well so it's not just a true knee-jerk reaction if you're like me - a person in need of everything. The price on the DC-2000 was too good to pass up compared to its' usefulness in the wood shop.

Comment

yeah its a ridgid thing, i like my tools to match. given the fact that i have only had problems with my ridgid band saw i thought i would give this a try.

Comment

Hey, I can certainly understand the "Ridgid Fever" syndrome when I see it. I have more than my share and have reached the point where everytime I see a new orange tool I have to have the wife throw a harness on me!

Good luck in your hunt,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                          X