X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

I have purchased a Ridgid Combo Router, and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a new metal tool to raise, and lower, the router in a router table
    Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Re: Newbie question

Amazon.com, rockler.com, woodcraft.com, woodpeck.com, etc...

Comment

NevBob,

Are you talking about one of the "router lifts" or a replacement for the plastic "T" handle. Your "new metal tool" left me with that question.

The Ridgid router has a few compatibilities with Porter-Cable, but I am not sure if the motor housing is the same diameter, that would allow one of the popular motor lifts to be used. Probably a good question that someone here can answer. I do see the quetion pop up occasionally.

CWS

Comment

Want to replace the plastic t-handle
        Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

Nevbob,

I haven't found one... and I've looked in a few places. I haven't had a problem with my T-handle yet, but I'm not particularly comfortable with the fact that the original is "plastic". I'm hoping that it may be a Delrin-like material or and impregnated fiberglass material.

Have you had your T-handle crack or strip out? If so, maybe you can get one through parts or better yet, have it replaced under warranty.

Sorry this isn't more helpful,

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X