X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter saw

I have the Ridgid 12" Sliding Miter Saw with a supposedly adjustable laser. Anyone know how to adjust it? Manual doesn't explain
    Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Re: Miter saw

If the Owners Manual doesn't tell you how to adjust the laser then it probably isn't adjustable. What's the model number of your saw? The laser on the early versions of this saw were not adjustable.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Ms1290lz1
      Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

I took mine apart and put a piece of paper behind the laser. It now hits perfect. I don't understand why they can't make the laser more accurate from the factory. When I first bought it I had that argument with a factory rep. If they can't make it accurate why put it on ? It's just an irritating light if it is not adjusted properly. When you need batteries for it Wal-mart sells a little flex head flashlight/laser that comes with 6 batteries for 3 bucks, 1/2 the price and twice as many batteries compared to buying name brand batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by nevbob View Post
          I have the Ridgid 12" Sliding Miter Saw with a supposedly adjustable laser. Anyone know how to adjust it? Manual doesn't explain
          Mine has an adjustable lazer, saw model # MS1290LZA, it's done with the small allen key provided.

Comment

Like Badger Dave said ..the older ones where not adjustable.

This is the laser on the R4121
            Wonder if your laser may be the same deal?

Maybe worth checking out....
            If so....
            Here is the procedure on how to adjust it.
            See page 34

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B202F6A...21_825_eng.pdf

Dave
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Davet; 03-14-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X