X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-U-Lift help needed

Does anyone know if I can take the Herc-U-Lift from my 3612 and put it on a BS1400? I'm about to add an extension table to the right of the saw with legs and am building a new mobile base. I will have the herc-U-Lift left over and don't currently have a mobile base for the bandsaw, so I'm hoping it will fit.

Thanks.

I don't think so. you'll should look at the Herc-U-Lift plus ridgid parts
    Andy B.

Comment

Mike,

You can use the ift from you saw even with an extension wing. I just finished an upgrade to my saw giving it 32" left of the blade, and 57" right of the blade. The way I did it I can still move the complete unit with the Herc-U-Lift.

I'll be taking some photo's of it later today and doing a post on it. If your interested in any info, just let me know.

[ 05-04-2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody, I'm not about to add any capacity to the left and with 52" to the right, I'm sure it won't be the most stable thing out there. I also have a 3 year old that likes to play with daddy in the garage and I don't want to take the chance that the saw will tip to the right. (I want all 6 legs on one stand/base like the big Delta base for a Unisaw.) I also want to get rid of the Herc-U-Lift because I want to enclose the bottom better for dust collection. A 4" connection is a little difficult while still allowing room for your foot to lift and drop casters. (size 12 1/2s need a little room. )

Since I also have the BS1400 and the 12" miter saw with stand, I figure I could use it for one of them.

Comment

Mike,

That's understandable. I'll have a little one running around in the shop with me before too long myself. Safety should be #1 issue.

Do you have the riser block in your band saw? I have it in mine, and considered a mobile base for it. But the thing is pretty top heavy, so I'm working on a moble base similar to the one I did on the Joint planer. I would think the Herc would work great on the CMS stand.

The dust collection is going to be the next thing I work on for my saw as well. While having the thing all tore apart over the weekend, I'm thinking on designing some kind of pick up that encloses the blade fitted to the trunnion with a collector port at the bottom or the side. It will be a good design challenge.
          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X