X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HERC-LIFT FOR 1300 planner

I went to a couple HD's today and was unable to find out if the Herc-lift is still available fot the 1300 planner. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Tim

Flemke

the Herc-u-lift plus model does fit all the ridgid tools except for the JP but its going to be hard to find them because they are clearance out at the Depot. I bought one for my BS OS and TP they work great.

good luck

Comment

Tim

Here is a cheap and easy option you may not have thought of, mount two fixed casters to a 2x4 and bolt it to two of the legs so the casters are barley touching the floor. Simply tilt the opposite side up so that it pivots on the casters and wheel it away, it is a little awkward but it does work.

Woodslayer

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I also have the bs1400.
        I tried calling the HD's in my area,but no luck.

I'll give Ridgid a call.
        Tim

Comment

I think I am about to buy the TS3650 and the JP0610 jointer/planer. I really would like for the jointer to be mobile as well as the table saw. Any suggestions for the jointer?

Thanks
          There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

The jointer is a bit top heavy and it's center of gravity falls backward rather quickly. The footprint is only about 12" deep. I'm pretty sure that's why they don't have the herc-U-lift for the Jointer.

I got one of those "universal" mobile bases from Rockler, but there are many similar models. I built a platform out of 1" Oak that is about 20" deep, and put the jointer on that. It doesn't really take up an extra storage space since the jointer dence and head stick out the back anyway. It's very stable this way, and I have had no problems moving it all around my shop.

Jim

Comment

I bolted my Jointer to a peice of 3/4" plywood with swivel casters. I've had it like that for about three years now. Never had a problem with it tring to tip over. But I do take care when moving it around.
              Support Our Troops!
              www.mnpatriotguard.org
              www.patriotguard.org

Comment

I'm not sure if the TP1300LS planer's footprint will fit this but if it does, the price certainly is right. http://jordanindustrial.zoovy.com/product/MI91480
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                X