Do I like Ridgid tools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I like Ridgid tools?

New member here and was directed to this site by a person who asked if I like Ridgid tool?
    I guess this photo will answer that question. Second photo is a little change in my shop - about 6 months later that the first photo was taken.
    Last edited by Larrysch; 03-13-2009, 11:07 PM.

Re: Do I like Ridgid tools?

Welcome to the Site, you have an awesome shop.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I guess the answer is no. Looks like you haven't bought any in a while

Comment

The funny thing about all the tools that you see in the shop - is the fact that they all were purchased in 2000 - when I bought this home we are now in - they sat in boxes until 2006 when I retired and built my shop. So in use they are all pretty new - but dated by color. And heck they all work great so no need to replace with a new color. (Wife is looking over my shoulder - had to say that.)
        Last edited by Larrysch; 03-06-2009, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I just threw all my own shop pictures away. Awesome shop and welcome aboard.

Comment

I was only joking, I'm jealous, obviously

Interesting how the tool designs evolve. The table saw is clearly the same as the recently discontinued 3660, but the stand is different and so are the extensions.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the table saw in 2000? (If you can remember). I'm curious if it's like computers. A good, branded computer would have cost you the same in dollars 10 years ago as it would today, but the design would have evolved.

Comment

Roadster - I know - I saw that little smile - although maybe a bright orange would brighten up the shop... Cost of the table saw - man - let me go look and see if I have the bill - always keep the bill attached to the manual - cost in 2000 was $595 plus tax. I really have no idea what the cost of a new one is now and I am sure that changes have been made to improved the units. But this unit cuts so very straight with a good blade and I am very surprised that the fence works so well - everything on all machines needs to be tuned up once in a while and they will do their part - if we do ours.
              Also I had to learn all the functions of the tools. Other than selling lumber and home products as a floor manager of a lumber yard - I never did any wood working at all. Then the next 21 years was spent as a police officer - when retiring - my thoughts were man - I carried a weapon for 21 years - what now - so I went from a Glock to a Hammer. Summer filled with all sorts of outdoors things and those cold winter days - I spend in my shop - and as woodworking is new to me - everything is a new learning experience - which is good as you do not get bored. And one thing about measuring lumber - someone keeps moving my measuring tape - seems like its - measure twice - cut three times.
              Last edited by Larrysch; 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Great Shop... Looks like you could host your own show in there.

Welcome to the forum.

Josh

Comment

as a fellow gray tool owner, which model table saw is that? the rails look too short to be a 3612. BTW, shop looks awesome. now that its all set up, start making some sawdust!
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

LarrySch,

Welcome to the forum.

I love your shop, lots of room and the tools look great. I bought one of the "gray" 1550 drill presses back in 2003 and only got it set up last year, so I know how hard that must of been on you... having all those great tools, sitting in their boxes, waiting for the time when you could put it all together.

Thanks for posting,

CWS

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Cool shop. Red
                      Red

Comment

Looks like something we would have built for a photo shoot. Awesome. Hope you have a great time with the projects and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                          as a fellow gray tool owner, which model table saw is that? the rails look too short to be a 3612. BTW, shop looks awesome. now that its all set up, start making some sawdust!
                          That TS looks like it's a TS2424 to me.
                          ================================================== ====
                          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I just joined as well, but have to say that I saw the slideshow of your shop being built as featured in the WOOD newsletter I got yesterday....

Very Cool!

Comment

my wife would kill me if my shop looked like that, actually she would have left me first.

just kidding, but seriously that is one fine looking shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X