Do I like Ridgid tools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I like Ridgid tools?

Amazing. May you enjoy your retirement and your awesome shop.

Comment

Very nice shop. Enjoy.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Looks great. Mine looks pretty much the same except I have less tools, and it's messier. and less lighting. One question - What is that black thing next to the table saw? It looks like a shop vac with a muffler but I'm not certain.

Comment

Hack -
          It looks like a shop vac with a muffler
          that is it exactly...

Comment

what do you make there? Sure ain't sawdust!! I mean How we even know its not just a picture put out by Ridge. At least sprinkle a little saw here and there!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I See one thing missing, Where are the ridgid calendar pin up girls?

nice shop!! enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by huckster4 View Post
                I See one thing missing, Where are the ridgid calendar pin up girls?

nice shop!! enjoy.

Ya mean something like these?
                http://www.animationarchive.org/2006...gid-tools.html
                Name:  b7f5214391f0cf7634635a60fbfa209a.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  30.3 KB

Or something more up to date like the 2009/2010 calander?
                If you want to get a autographed copy of the new calander, this looks like the place.
                http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=474447260
                Last edited by Bob D.; 03-23-2009, 09:44 PM.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Wow! Who wouldn't love to have a shop like that? I have a serious case of "Shop Envy" but one question. Where is the sawdust? I could use some tips on "Cleanliness is Next to Godliness!" as my High School Coach used to say.

Comment

what do you make there? Sure ain't sawdust!! I mean How we even know its not just a picture put out by Ridge. At least sprinkle a little saw here and there!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I have this real problem - I am a neat freak - I think it is a disorder of some kind - I will cut something on my table saw - get the vacuum out - and clean everything up - then 15 minutes later - will cut something else on the table saw and have another mess and go through the same process. I am trying really hard to get over that - and not clean up until the end of the day or when the project is done - I think I probably have a least a cup full of saw dust somewhere in the shop - *sigh* - then again - maybe not. The disorder has to be related to the job I held over the past 21 years. At least that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

I See one thing missing, Where are the Ridgid calendar pin up girls?
                    LOL check the back wall .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Larrysch; 03-24-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrysch View Post
                      LOL check the back wall .
                      Just above the TV....which seems to have a picture of Plumber Rick on it!!!
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Larry,

Good to see you here!

You know I've always loved that shop you set up. But after all this time, I just noticed...

You have a Jet air cleaner, and what looks like a Harbor Freight 1HP dust collector (by the jointer). Now you know you really shouldn't break up the perfect set of Ridgid tools. How about sending those over to me? I can use the air cleaner, and I know a couple of guys that can use that little DC...

By the way, what band saw fence is that? Sure looks a lot more solid than the POS Craftsman Professional fence I put on my band saw...
                        Last edited by dbhost; 03-24-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Larrysch, beautiful shop! As far as the color goes, I have not heard yet that it has a bearing on how much sawdust you make.
                          "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

dbhost - thanks - I do make it around to a few woodworking sites - well as far as the Jet filtration system - that was a gift from the wife (not sure if she wanted to save my lungs or have it drop on my head - judgment is still out on that one - and the 1 HP dust collector is a Grizzly - on the fence on the band saw - that also is from Grizzly - and is built really well and really does its job - it either lays flat or stands up like the photo shows - and works rather well for re-sawing boards down to thinner thicknesses. Its funny - I can go out there and spend all day - on the cold wintery days - not do a thing - and come back into the house totally satified at being in my shop. I hope the rest of you also have that enjoyment.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Larrysch; 03-24-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Very nice shop ! Nice walls and ceiling.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Larrysch View Post
                                Its funny - I can go out there and spend all day - on the cold wintery days - not do a thing - and come back into the house totally satified at being in my shop. I hope the rest of you also have that enjoyment.
                                I'm only getting back into it after many years away, but I find it's good to get away from my "home business" stresses.

I have a running gag with my wife where I come up from the shop at the end of the day, act like I just remembered something important and say "CRAP! You know what I forgot while I was down in the woodshop?" She feigns along and asks "what?" and I reply "Everything!" with a smile!

Many years ago, when I smoked, being in the woodshop was the only time where it would suddenly occur to me "I haven't had a smoke all afternoon, and hadn't even noticed".

Comment

Working...
                                X