X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Outfeed Table

With my outfeed table for my TS3650 almost complete, I thought it might be a good time to thank all of you that knowingly or unknowingly assisted me with this project. The many photos I found on this forum helped me to design and construct this project.

Bob McCormick

Click image for larger version

Name:	425cbdfc177206d1e6418d260764a8ce.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	6007

Name:	4494f22d3f0181ad4bc9a5836ee1db09.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	6008

Name:	8b20e917644fb210d4ec5c7939a443dc.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	6009

Re: TS 3650 Outfeed Table

Very nice. Are you going to eventually cut some slots in the top?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Very nice. Are you going to eventually cut some slots in the top?
      Yes, I will be routing two slots into the top today. I ran out of time yesterday, due to the need to prepare for a Birthday party -- my 60th. I will also be painting the bare wood -- with Ridgid orange, of course.

Bob McCormick
      Attached Files

Comment

Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

what did you use to attach the table support rails to the saw base? i've never seen anything like that. thanks.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            what did you use to attach the table support rails to the saw base? i've never seen anything like that. thanks.
            The support rails are not actually attached to the TS. The end of the rails are drilled out to accept a T-nut and 2" x 5/16" carriage bolt. That carriage bolt simply sits in the pocket of those gray pads. The weight of the table is enough to keep them in place, and simply lifting up the rear of the table disengages the support rails from the pockets when you need to remove the table. Loosening the locknut and turning the bolt in or out is all that's required to adjust the rear table height.

Those gray pads are some type of hard rubber door bumper that I found in the door and window hardware section of HD. I believe they are meant to be placed where a door handle might hit a wall. I removed the self adhesive pad on the back and drilled the center hole out to accept a 5/16" bolt. I removed the original, short carriage bolts from the TS, and mounted these with a slightly longer carriage bolt.

I was originally going to mount a cleat across the two rear legs and just let the support rails sit on it. This probably would have worked fine, but I was digging through my junk box for carriage bolts and these little do-dads jumped out at me and begged to be used. So I did. I think it ended up looking a bit neater than the cleat idea.
            Attached Files

Comment

Do you have to remove the outfeed table when making angled cuts?
              I'm trying to envision the clearance provided for the motor in your design.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Do you have to remove the outfeed table when making angled cuts?
                I'm trying to envision the clearance provided for the motor in your design.
                Bob, I am so glad you asked that question, because I had completely overlooked the issue of bevel cuts.

As you can see in the attached photos I could not run the blade to a full 45 degree bevel. It stops at about 25 degrees. I think this is fixable, but Ill have to notch out the bottom mounting board. I will also have to relocate one of the lag bolts in that area.

I should also note that I did modify the belt guard by cutting off the top inch or so of the plastic (see attached photo). In retrospect, I probably should have notched the mounting board for that as well. I'll have to fix that open area with a piece of plastic.

Comment

My photos somehow didn't make the trip. Here they are.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I made an out feed table within a week of purchasing my 3660.

take note tho, the motor raises up to within an 1/8" of the top.
                    (when holding a straight edge on the table,hanging out over the motor)

I just hogged my out feed ext. out with my circular saw.
                    I set the depth so that I wouldnt cut thru the top.
                    like you I used melamine for the out feed table, mine isnt as big nor
                    does it fold tho.

nice job.

cheers

Comment

Very nice job. Wondering about the Ridgid Orange. Is there actually a product available that matches their orange?

Comment

Well, as far as the color match, you could take one of the legs off and take it to HD or Lowes, and put it under the eye in the paint dept. Or, if you are partially color blind like me, you do the best you can. After all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
                        "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Originally posted by DBrunet693 View Post
                          Very nice job. Wondering about the Ridgid Orange. Is there actually a product available that matches their orange?
                          I haven't found any paint that is marketed as Ridgid Orange, but Krylon's Pumpkin Orange seems to be fairly close. I use it to paint things like my shop made zero clearance inserts. Looks pretty close to the OEM insert plate that came with the saw. I haven't tried it as a touch up paint for the tool itself. If you wanted to get an exact match, I would suggest having an automotive paint supplier custom mix it. That would likely require, as another post suggested, taking some part of the tool to the paint supplier.

As for painting the wooden extension table supports, I had HD custom mix me a quart of orange paint. I can't say for sure, but I suspect the HD orange and the Ridgid orange are the same. I just had the lady in the paint department scan something printed with the HD logo. In this case it was a display sign. It turned out to be very close to the orange on my TS. I painted a shop cart that I used as my original table extension with it, and it was a pretty good match. I planned to buy a Ridgid planer to sit atop that tool stand/TS extension table, but ended up buying the DeWalt 735 planer. The stand looks pretty awful with a yellow and black tool on it, so I plan to paint it black at some point.

Comment

I'm really impressed by your design. Many thanks. Just wondering how much clearance you need for the fence to slide freely between the outfeed table and the fence rail?

Comment

Working...
                            X