X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenderfoot

I've had my TS2400 for about 1 year and I love it. One thing has me stumped I think. While trying to crosscut 10" wide plywood shelf boards I noticed I could not achieve a perfectly square cut. All set up points told me I had a perfect 90 deg setup. Finally I noticed a slight wiggle in the miter gauge bar. In reading the manual I found a note to the effect that while table slots and miter gauge bars were carefully manufactured etc, etc. some tolerence was permitted. I can't find my feeler gage to measure but I think thats where by problem lies. Following the book recommendation to favor only one side of the slot helps a great deal. BUT, I'd like to find a better solution. Anybody have this problem or a solution that maybe works well consistenly ?????

Re: tenderfoot

Junk the OEM miter gauge and buy a good after market one. There are many out there and it should cost you under $80 for a very good quality one. As an example, Incra has two in that price range, the V27 and the V120.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks, I thought probably thats what I would do. Thanks for te Incra suggestions.

Comment

Be careful about the size and shape of the grooves on the table. While most larger cast iron tables use a pretty standard size and shape, many of the Job Site saws have their own size and shape. If you can, try to borrow the miter guide from a good larger DELTA contractor or better yet a "Unisaw" table saw with cast iron table and see if it works.

Personally I have never seen a miter guide on a job site saw that was much good. The same goes for the machining of aluminum or plastic table slots. With that said, it's been some time since I've seen the Ridgid TS2400.

Comment

My miter bar also has some play on my 2400. To resolve this I built a 90 degree sled with two runners. Now I can cross cut exactly (or close enough) at 90 degree.

Comment

I also think a sled is the answer to this problem, but replacing the miter gage with one that will allow you to adjust it for proper fit is high on the list too.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I looked up some Incra gauges based on this thread and thought I'd point out that the Incra 1000se is currently on sale for $105 at Amazon, substantially cheaper than any other pricing I found.

Comment

I don't know if the sale is still going on (It was month-long, but I can't recall the exact expiration date), but if you're near a Rockler store, they were selling the Incra V27 for..... ready.... $39.99.

Very nice miter gauge. I primarily use an Osborne EB-3, but picked up the V-27 to use in my disc sander, bandsaw, and (on occasion) table saw.

Comment

Working...
                X