X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some advice on how to avoid scorch marks

I will have to order a Freud LM74M010 as I can't purchase anything like that locally but does anyone know difference between the Perma-Shield version and the Silver-Ice version? The Silver-Ice version is $30 cheaper then the Perma-Shield and for the write-up there is no difference

Comment

RSTJean,
      A 60 tooth count blade is probably not the best ripping blade out there. Your 60 tooth blade is a good blade for cross cutting or cutting verneered plywood; however, for your table saw, you may want to try a 1/2 kerf ripping blade (24 tooth or less). The 24 tooth should to the job and leave a decent glueing surface.

Hope things work out for you.

tgomez

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        how high is the blade? when ripping stock, the top of the material, when flat on the table, should not be higher than the mid point of a blade tooth at the highest point of travel. this insures that the blade cuts through the wood, rather like scissors cut through paper. blade height too high, combined with misaligned fence, misaligned splitter and excessive feed rate will almost always result in less than optimum cuts.

Had the same occurence when I went to the Ridgid blade - it's designed to cut down on the amount of sanding after the cut. The width of the teeth are almost exactly the width of the rest of the blade. I found that I had to adjust the blade height as Finer9998 has suggested. Work a couple of pieces at slightly different heights and you'll find the correct one. I have a Ryobi BT3100 and it's a lesser saw than what you are using, but with the oak it was burning with that blade and splitter/riving knife was working effectively. Wasn't the fence or anything else, but the height of the blade - as too high and it wanted to polish the wood instead of cutting it. Good blade though and accurate cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rstjean View Post
          I will have to order a Freud LM74M010 as I can't purchase anything like that locally but does anyone know difference between the Perma-Shield version and the Silver-Ice version? The Silver-Ice version is $30 cheaper then the Perma-Shield and for the write-up there is no difference
          IMO, the Permashield is not worth even close to a $30 premium.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
            imo, the permashield is not worth even close to a $30 premium.
            +1
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: Rip Fence on TS3650 Great site, found this writeup and after checking my fence alignment discovered that my fence was very slightly narrowed at the back, made these minor adjustments. Tested it by ripping some hardmaple and definitely went through much easier, just had some minor scorching at those spots where I paused. Still think I'll get me that 30 tooth Glue Line Rip blade from Freud though. Thought I'd share this, just one more thing to look into went trying to figure out a problem.

Yes no problem sharing how I fixed it well I unloosend the 4 bolts as showin in picture below and just adjusted it a bit and tightend it. And lucky me It fixed it now it rips perfectly straight. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Comment

Working...
              X