X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw problem

I've been trying to change the blade on my TS2500 but can't move the retaining nut. I've tried WD40 and brute force but no luck. Anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas?
    Thanks

Re: table saw problem

Table saw blades spin toward the front of the saw, and the arbor nuts are self tightening...meaning that if your saw is a right tilt saw, the arbor nut will be on the left side of the blade and the thread orientation is reversed. To eliminate some possibilities, be sure you're loosening in the right direction...toward the back of the saw. For more leverage you might try a pipe on the end of your wrench.

For those who may not know, the arbor nut doesn't need to be wrenched down tightly...just snugged with a wrench.

Comment

A buddy of mine just bought a 3650 and was complaining to me that the wrenches weren't very tough. I told him he was obviously overtightening the nut if he was about to bend the wrench.

Like you said, it doesn't take much. Snug and a little more.

Comment

The TS2400 blade nut is not a reverse thread! Contrary to every saw I've owned, you turn the nut to the left (facing the arbor). Sure surprised me the first time I tried to remove the blade. Usually block the blade with a scrap of wood rather than use the second wrench Ridgid supplies with the saw.

Comment

Originally posted by geosinner101 View Post
          The TS2400 blade nut is not a reverse thread! Contrary to every saw I've owned, you turn the nut to the left (facing the arbor). Sure surprised me the first time I tried to remove the blade. Usually block the blade with a scrap of wood rather than use the second wrench Ridgid supplies with the saw.
          has to do with the rotation of the blade. Left tilt saws actually rotate the opposite direction from right tilt saws.

Comment

Working...
          X