X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stationary power tools at HD

Does anybody know why does Ridgid retail their stationary power tools thru Home Depot? They do not display tools like table saws and band saws. I live within 10 miles of 4 HDs. None of them display these assembled tools.

Re: stationary power tools at HD

The HDs near me display them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyeid View Post
      Does anybody know why does Ridgid retail their stationary power tools thru Home Depot? They do not display tools like table saws and band saws. I live within 10 miles of 4 HDs. None of them display these assembled tools.
      Ive read all over the internet that a lot of stores have stopped displaying the stationary tools. Mine did this a few years ago, guessing they just took up too much room. Now they have the "panels" of pictures of each tool, pretty useless if they want to get a true "in store" sale. At this point without them being displayed in most HDs, people are buying based on internet opinion or just guessing while in store. Not a good way to make $$$, but a few of the products have good enough 'net followings that they sell themselves (3650/3660, 4511, sander, etc)

Oddly enough they do have a display version of the rolling table saw. Probably because it literally fits on a shelf when folded up, so it doesnt take up too much room.

Comment

Yup..our HD took the floor displays away also.
        The manager told me that it makes more room for
        better selling products to be displayed.

Shame really..some people won't buy unless the
        can see an actual product.

I haven't bought a big power tool from HD since they did that.

Comment

Working...
        X