X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post and 1st cut

the saw- after much research i followed the flock and purchased a ts3650. it was a new in box craigslist sale for 325. i set it up on sunday, a couple coats of johnson wax, tweaked adjustments and made the first cut on it today. first reaction from someone who has owned crappy saws in the past... this is an amazing saw. the only thing i have seen not to like on it was the miter gauge. in short its junk. maybe its not junk, its just i cant trust it so im now looking at a incra setup. i was hoping to do the attached router table set up next but it needs the new miter gauge instead.

me- I live in NH with my two boys (13 and 6) and a great wife. i have been absent from woodworking for years (over 20). i used to do ok and loved making stuff. i am really out of the loop with the new stuff out there today. when looking for a saw i googled "table saw ratings/rankings" and stumbled onto this site. (which by the way there is a huge wealth of info on this site). after reading tons about the 3650/3660 i knew for the price it couldnt be beat. as mentioned above the wish list ifor my saw includes an incra miter guage, attached router table and then a outfeed table.

i look foward to picking your brains and nagging with a email now and then so please, let me thank you in advance.

dana

Re: 1st post and 1st cut

welcome glad your enjoying the saw,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: 1st post and 1st cut

Hey Dana:
      We have a lot in common. I'm also in NH, just bought a 3660 saw, just joined the forum last week and am somewhat in the same situation as far as woodworking in general goes.

I very much enjoyed it when I was in HS and shortly after and got away from it over the years. When I bought a house ~15 years ago, I bought a Craftsman tablesaw, Delta Bandsaw and Delta Drill Press, and a Woodworker's Warehouse housebrand disc/belt sander as I was doing "home fixit" stuff.

I'm self employed and decided in the past several months that I really need to get a hobby and stop working all the time, so I added a Jet Jointer, Jet Dust Collector, Ridgid spindle sander and recently a Ridgid Planer and the new tablesaw.

I'm re-arranging/fixing up my shop as I plan on spending a lot more time there... and some time here as well.

Anyway... just thought I'd introduce myself from one forum newbie to another!

Comment

Working...
      X