Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey strong as i said in the pm to you, Ridgid has the first shipment of new arbors in and are distributing the at this time, the efforts of all paid off, this can be confirmed by a gentleman named Larry Snyder at ridgid c.s.
    Just my opinion

Comment

Keith - Will Ridgid be sending parts out based upon registered units or do we have to make a specific request, and if so, to whom?

Comment

Woody if i were you i would call ridgid c.s. and ask for Larry Snyder, and i don't think he will give you a problem at all, i just got this news today at 1:30 pm from larry snyder

Keith
        Just my opinion

Comment

Keith---I'm going to start calling you Ridgid's Prophet, since you seem to be the only one they are talking to.

I'm sorry, but where is the promised post of 12/20? Where is their announcement about sending out the arbors, posted on this board?

Frankly, I think they're duping you on this. If they wanted to get out a message of support, they'd be doing more than telling one person.

Woody---I tried the link you posted and e-mailed me--thanks, but when I click on the 3650, all I get is a blank screen.
          Dave

Comment

Shame on them for not posting when they said they would,Dave I am not blowing smoke up anyones butt just relaying what has been said to me, and again alls anyone has to do is call Ridgid at 1-866-4-RIDGID go to cust. service and ask for Larry Snyder or Ernie Swords, Larry is the one that you would want to talk with as he seems to be more up to date then Ernie Swords, or even ask for Scott in tech. services(don't know his last name though). I pride myself on being honest even though at times i took alot of heat for things that did not go the way they were suppose to as told to me- so be it, I am just passing on the word that was givin to me.

Keith
            Just my opinion

Comment

Dave,

The document is in Adobe pdf format. I just tried it, having started Adobe Reader first and it opened OK. You may have to wait for the file to load.

Woody

Comment

Keith---in no way blaming you for passing on what you're told. I still find it unusual that the guy you're talking to is the only one who seems to be talking. We've had any number of posts on this problem---even had FWW Mag. involved----I would just think that Ridgid would follow up with those people as well---that and that fact they have yet to post an announcement---well, makes my wonder about your guy.
                Dave

Comment

The TS3650 repair sheet is a 1.4MB PDF file. If you don't have acrobat reader you won't be able to see the file. It is a free program at adobe.com.

Comment

I can't blame you Dave, I have alot of time on my hands, and it gets put to good use and if they are blowing smoke( they maybe) I am sorry for being so nieve and if the are not well then good for them, as said they said the new arbor went out in the mail yesterday, I'll give them 1 week to receive it as should strong because he mention him aslo, and if notta then there will be hell to pay if you know what i mean, I can't answer about the post, or why me( they got about 20 calls from me) maybe i am more persistant then others because i have more time on my hands then others do-I don't know, lets just wait and see what happens okay Dave
                    Just my opinion

Comment

Woody---gad, had to down load the file first, then it would open----anyway, it looks pretty similar to my saw. I'll dig out my old directions and post them as to the change out, than the first person who does it on the 3650 can tell us if there were any differences----though, I would think they'd send out instructions if they're just sending you an arbor assembly. But who knows.
                      Dave

Comment

Hey Dave where would you look for the post, i have no clue if it would be here or on there site, I've searched there site but do not know where to look
                        Just my opinion

Comment

Dave wrote:
                          "...Frankly, I think they're duping you on this. If they wanted to get out a message of support, they'd be doing more than telling one person. ..."

I have to agree with Dave on this. there should be some place on their web site with info on this, maybe even a page where you could register to receive the new arbor. They could use the web page to collect up-to-date shipping information, serial number of the saw, name, etc. this could all feed into a database that could then be used to ship out the new arbors.

The way this is playing out it seems that they will only do the minimum amount necessary to rectify the problem, namely only ship new arbors to those who call and comlain about the bad arbor. The less new arbors they have to ship the less this fiascio will cost them (so they think).

If this is the way they plan to handle this issue then they have left out the taste factor, namely the bad taste that potential future customers will have for their lack of commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

If they plan to send a new arbor with instructions on performing the replacement personally or the option to have it replaced at a service center at no cost then that will be great but why not inform everyone here instead of leaving us in the dark??

Comment

I think Bob is right----soooooooo----let's start a campaign telling all 3650 owners to call Ridgid next week----

Keith----in the past, Ridgid has had no problem posting new tool announcements both here (usually on the ww'ing and power tool boards)and on their main page.

Now, in fairness----when Emerson was first confronted with the problem, they didn't give out new arbors to the old owners (though by then, they were no longer making Sears tools). But, it was openly discussed by Ridgid's rep. on this board (Jake) and they fixed the darned problem years ago on the 2424 and 3612.
                            Dave

Comment

I agree with Bob also,Where in jersey are you from Bob
                              Just my opinion

Comment

Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me - I'm the guy that started this thread, and was involved a lot on the "big thread" in the Experts forum. I don't think I'm a prophet any more than Keith is, but I would like to think we could get to the bottom of this, too.

As you may remember, OWT/RIDGID called me a few weeks ago, with Ernie, Steve and Keith (Sales Mgr) on the speakerphone. I was pleased that they had responded to an individual like myself; it showed concern on their part. Actually, it all started with my calling their public relations firm about two hours prior to that.

Now I am, like many of you, mystified that they have not participated more in our forum than the one reply they sent. I have tried to be an advocate for them, and have even sent a couple of emails to them urging them to post a reply in our forum. I just left a message for Kevin Cameron, who is likely off until after New Years. I asked him to call me back so we can discuss the situation.

As I said, folks like Strong330, Keith and I don't profess to have any special connection with RIDGID. I have no pride of ownership here; I'll be happy to see the problem fixed, and will be grateful to any of you who can help facilitate that. Like some of you, I'm just a poor bum who took off a couple of days for New Years, and whose life is so hectic that I am writing in a woodworking forum the day before.

Hope all of you have a great New Year, and we'll hopefully cut some good dados soon.
                                There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X