X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID + Clearance at HD NO WARRANTY

I wonder why a guy that would take the time to register a name like that wouldn't get a warm reception?

Comment

Hope this does not happen to me, but I certainly have the maturity level to resolve this issue without bashing.
      At bare min. the company will certainly warranty the 90 day return (even if you paid 1 cent for the item, they would rather fix the problem, as they would get even less money than the clearance price you paid. Since now it is used. So have solace in the fact you return it and get one that is 100%.
      But likely, this fellow was nasty on the phone to the rep. to begin with. Which is never the proper way to start a conversation.

Comment

Don't give up just because you talked to the wrong people. With Home Depot, I have found that the floor staff often will give you a variaty of answers to the same question. Low wages, high turnover and not enough training I believe is the reason for this. Maybe they'll let you take the caps off the disply model. They did that for me when I broke the lever on my fence. Try the store manager, get the ridgid reps name and # for that store or try calling ridgid again. They were amazingly helpful when I bought my ts3660 and needed a part that was defective. I personaly have rarely ever had such good service. Good product too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Comment

Being a new forum member, I hate to call someone out. But this is the case here (since I just purchased this myself).
          I just got back from HD (went to pickup WD-40). And I spoke with the store Mgr., and asked this question.

This fellow musty not be telling the whole truth, as the only time this would be the case (of not honoring) is when the cust. is made aware of a missing item from a floor model (it will not be covered). So I am ok, I am covered, for any repairs direct from the man.

Here is what I think is happening here;
          Example (using electronics), go into Best Buy, buy the floor model BD player (or DVD) and it may not have the remote, well the manufacture will ask to see the original reciept when asking for a part you never got (clearly trying to pull one over).

Regardless no matter what the case, this fellow is just trolling (that is plain to see, exactly what is the case, even if it is true (which I doubt).

Anyhow, I am happy with my purchase. This is only my second Ridgid tool, the other is a Pro 6HP W/V (and that has been working fine for 5 years)
          Last edited by BCR; 03-21-2009, 02:42 AM. Reason: added notification (nothing else)

Comment

Just an update on the warranty issue and to be fair.
            Ridgid has offially informed me that if a product is new in the box, clearance or not it is under full warranty and if a part is defective Ridgid will replace it at no charge.
            Home Depot mgr is trying to get replacement rails and end caps, if that doesn't pan out I will take Ridgid up on their offer.

Comment

Glad to see you got things going your way, I'm sure it will work out in the end.

I see that you are an engineer....................not such a perfect world after all is it

Good luck with your new tools and be careful.

G3

anybody can draw an a$$hole on paper but it takes the man in the field to make it sh!t.

Comment

Glad to hear it all worked out!

How about that name change now?
                Last edited by Altima 3.5; 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pissedoff View Post
                  Just an update on the warranty issue and to be fair.
                  Ridgid has offially informed me that if a product is new in the box, clearance or not it is under full warranty and if a part is defective Ridgid will replace it at no charge.
                  Home Depot mgr is trying to get replacement rails and end caps, if that doesn't pan out I will take Ridgid up on their offer.

Sorry to have misjudged you but now that you have worked with Ridgid I think you should be able to see how strange your story appeared when you first told it. Like Ridgid said if it is new in the box it is under warranty whether on clearance or not. I can not imagine someone from Ridgid telling you otherwise. I hope Ridgid management is able to track down who you talked to and get them up to speed or doing a different job.

Second HD has a 30 day return policy so if you weren't satisfied you could have returned it.

Third you now see the effort HD managment is making to correct the error, again hard to believe anyone told you otherwise.

Again I'm sorry I misjudged your story but knowing HD and Ridgid's policy on their products I believe the problem was communications rather than someone trying to tick you off.
                  Rev Ed

Comment

It's about three months later and I am wondering how this all worked itself out. Did Mr. PO'd get his missing or damaged parts? It would be nice if he were to let us know the outcome. I have no doubt that RIDGID came through and fixed him up.

I was in HD today and noticed the JP0610 is now marked at $301.00. No mention of no warranty because that is not the case.

I wonder if there will be a replacement for the JP0610 or if it will be the last of its kind like the WL1000 and other not so popular tools.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X