X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID + Clearance at HD NO WARRANTY

I am pretty pissed, bought a new in box ts3650 and new in box jp610 together at hd. great price $399 and $324.
    Started building the table saw, rails had several dings and missing the end caps. Called Ridgid Customer Service, they said it's HD's problem and RIDGID DOES NOT warranty display or clearance products. Anyway HD does not have any more rails and the assembly has been over 4 hours so far. I will never buy or recommend a RIDGID product again!

Re: RIDGID + Clearance at HD NO WARRANTY

If the saw came out of a sealed carton, it shouldn't make any difference whether it is a "clearance" item or not. If you paid money for it and it has a serial number, then Ridgid needs to honor the warranty and replace missing/damaged parts. Take it to the next level, or try again and maybe you'll get a CS Rep. who knows which end is up.

And gee... I hope you didn't sign up on the forum and make your first post just so you could trash an entire product line based on your one bad experience. I think if you take the time and search some TS3650/TS3660 threads, you'll find out it's a pretty good tool.

Comment

Originally posted by pissedoff View Post
      I am pretty pissed, bought a new in box ts3650 and new in box jp610 together at hd. great price $399 and $324.
      Started building the table saw, rails had several dings and missing the end caps. Called Ridgid Customer Service, they said it's HD's problem and RIDGID DOES NOT warranty display or clearance products. Anyway HD does not have any more rails and the assembly has been over 4 hours so far. I will never buy or recommend a RIDGID product again!
      I wouldnt get all hyped up about it just yet. I really think the whole "dont warranty clearance" thing is bunk. Display models, maybe (but even thats questionable...........how does Ridgid know it was a display?)

Clearance is really subjective because different HDs run different pricing at different times so who knows when its on clearance or "sale". For example, my TS2400 cost me 299.......some would say it was a "display" or "clearance" price, but in actuality it was a black friday price. Do you think the customer service rep on the phone knows the pricing? Doubtful.

Call back again and probably get a different (possibly more aware) rep.

Comment

This story sounds more like a competitor or someone with an axe to grind trying to scare people from buying Ridgid.

Absolute nonsense.
        Rev Ed

Comment

RevEd
          I am not a competitor, I am just a guy who spent $800 on ridgid tools and the manufacturer says i'm trash cause i bought the tools at a discounted price

Comment

If you'll PM me your contact info, I'll pass on the situation and have someone give you a call or note. Should be able to get this resolved...

Comment

the ridgid rep knew it was clearance because she directly asked me. i simply told her the truth and said it was clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by pissedoff View Post
                the ridgid rep knew it was clearance because she directly asked me. i simply told her the truth and said it was clearance.
                If you bought it NIB, it shouldn't matter. Take ProBrand up on his offer, send him your contact info; and you'll get straightened out.

Comment

every single ridgid portable power tool and stationary power tool i own were purhcased below retail and as clearance items. whenever i've had a problem with something not quite right or missing, a call to ridgid CS has always resulted in their resolving the issue to my satisfaction. and that includes tools that i've purchased for as little as $.01 on clearance.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Once you get your situation resolved, you might want to think about changing you "log in name".......

Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                      If you'll PM me your contact info, I'll pass on the situation and have someone give you a call or note. Should be able to get this resolved...
                      ProBrand
                      Let us know if you ever get any contact info. I still think this sounds like a competitor or someone that has an ax to grind. I'm guessing you will never hear from the guy.
                      Rev Ed

Comment

He definitely sounds like a wingnut - he could have taken the items back for a full refund. No reply of thanks to Probrand from him either.

Might be a competitor or a recently banned member trying to stir things up. Seems like there were Ridgid complaint posters in a month than in the last whole year.
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Even in the worst case, how much would those little plastic caps cost? Not much. I'm sure a proper call to customer service or a good PM to ProBrand would get things fixed up quickly.

I remember some guy back some time back on this forum saying he got Gateway Computer to give him FREE a topmodel PC fully decked out where they refused to replace a bashed part under warranty so he went to the South Dakota state attorney and got him to attack Gateway. What a bunch of bull ***. There is NO way that would have happened. Especially when the dumby confessed on this forum the one he paid for was an economy grade model.

Comment

I dont ever recall reading about the gateway computer deal,
                            But i do know that roughly 6-7 years back my brother bought a miller mig welder at a show up in the quad cities, after a few months it started vibrating and since it had the TrueBlue 3 year warranty we took it to nearest dealer. Roughly 2 weeks later dealer said it was fixed and gave a bill of roughly $50 dollars for a new fan blade and labor.
                            we took the welder home called miller and told them there warranty sucked. put the welder back on the crate it came with, as we had it still sitting around, and returned it to the dealer, Come to find out the dealer didn't send the welder to a service center, not even a authorized repair facility. hense the reason we got the bill. after a few weeks of going around with Miller and the miller dealer, Miller swapped the welder for there new model that has LCD display on it due to the fact the dealer had the welder serviced at a non authorized facility. which was against warranty and the reason we didnt bother to take the case apart on the welder to start with.
                            So in short, if something is truely wrong with something, don't stop with the first person you talk to if they do not resolve it. Most companys want to keep there cousomers and will resolve legitament issues.

Comment

It seems my bigest mistake was not getting mad about my treatment from ridgid, but posting my complaint about it on this forum. Some of the senior members like to jump to conclusions and get a little nasty. My experience really did happen, and I do want to get it
                              resolved somehow. So, I emailed Probrand and gave him my name and email. Ask him RevEd. Home Depot manager has called me and said he is trying to order rail kit. I would have taken it back but was over four hours into building the saw, it is not trivial.
                              In addition I also bought a jp610 jointer at the same time, if there is anything wrong with it, I have to do this again! Good grief what a irritating day!

Comment

Working...
                              X