X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust collectors

I’m looking at possibly buying a Delta 50-720 dust collector. It’s 1 HP and 650 CFM. After all discounts it would run about $140.00 plus tax. Also looking at a HF 93168 2 HP and 1550 CFM for about $180.00 plus tax. I would be hooking the DC up to one machine at a time. Anyone have any experience or opinion on these? I want something fairly good but on the affordable side. Thanks Pat
    Last edited by PMR413; 03-15-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: INSERT LINK

Re: Dust collectors

If you are going to be only hooking up to one machine at a time then the Delta should be all the DC you need. On the other hand, it would limit your options in the future while the HF would allow you to run a small scale ducted collection system. Personally, I'd go with the HF unit, oh wait, I did.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

PMR, The delta 1HP dust collector will work just fine if hooked up directly to the individual machine your using, I just would'nt hook it up to a duct system for your entire shop. It just does'nt have the power to overcome the static pressure created by long lengths of pipe and multiple elbows and fittings. The 2HP model would probably be good a good choice for a entire shop duct system, but you'll need a dedicated 20 amp circuit for it. $140 for the Delta is very cheap, they sell for $259 around my way. If you have absolutely no plans to have a duct system in your shop then I would go with the Delta.

millman

Comment

I agree, buy bigger than the 1 HP dust collector. I like my 1.5 HP Delta and it is a 20 Amp. I have a small basement setup but can switch using gates between my TS3650, band saw, jointer and dust table.

Comment

Consider the size of the particles filtered.

Go for a 1 micron. I have the Deslya 50-760 1.5 HO 15 Amps (switchable to 220v 7 Amps).

If I where you I'd go for a 1.5 HP, in case you needs change, you won't have to sell then upgrade your unit.

Comment

I have the HF dust collector and find that it works very well. I added this http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm filter in place of the cloth bags.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X