Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4511 faux granite outfeed and extension

Very nice. I like it.
    Can you explain the sawhorse next to the saw? Is that just a pad on top to bring its height up to that of the TS top? Or is it some type of slider for supporting sheet goods which is something I am working on building now in my shop.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Wow!!!
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Bob, the sawhorse next to the saw is to support sheet goods or long boards when crosscutting. The cap on the top is to raise it up to the height of the table saw top. The saw horse that I used I built 30 years ago to the height of my old contractors saw, so I just fabbed a cap to level it off. I would'nt be without one, it's like an extra set of hands!

millman

Comment

You should get an award for AWESOMENESS!

Comment

Originally posted by millman View Post
            Bob, the sawhorse next to the saw is to support sheet goods or long boards when crosscutting. The cap on the top is to raise it up to the height of the table saw top. The saw horse that I used I built 30 years ago to the height of my old contractors saw, so I just fabbed a cap to level it off. I would'nt be without one, it's like an extra set of hands!

millman
            A great job indeed!
            I wish I had room to at least attempt something like what you have done. Luckely I have a buddy that made me two aluminum saw guides for my circular saw, they work well for now. I do have room for a decent outfeed table however.

Buck

Comment

We have been hearing about this saw for so long it was great to see one in person. Then to see how you have carried it "to infinity and beyond!" Very nice work. This makes me be proud that my shop is also in the garage.

Comment

Guys, thanks again for the comments! My hobby has always been restoring muscle cars "chevys" so Iv'e always had atleast two cars sitting in the garage at all times. Now that I've sold off my last car I now have the entire garage to use as a workshop. The challenge is to have all the power tools you need along with storage for hand tools and supplies, and still have enough room to assemble projects. So that usually means getting creative with cabinetry, shelving, and mobilizing your normally stationary tools. To me that's the fun part and I hope to share my idea's along with utilizing idea's from people on this forum. From what iv'e seen in the short time Iv'e been visiting this forum, there are alot of extremely talented and creative people. The value of having a forum like this at your disposal cannot be measured. The tip's, tricks, creative idea's, and even criticism's found here I'm sure have saved many fellow members time and money, and make the woodworking hobby that much more enjoyable!

Regards, millman

Comment

Working...
                X