4511 faux granite outfeed and extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4511 faux granite outfeed and extension

Made a couple of modifications to the 4511. Added a one piece front tube and rear angle for a 42.5" rip capacity to the right. Fabbed up a faux granite extension table and a matching outfeed table. Cutting sheet goods is a breeze now! Please excuse the mess, I'm just now taking over the garage and turning it into a workshop.

millman,
    Attached Files

Re: 4511 faux granite outfeed and extension

That's a beautiful setup!

Comment

That's really nice!

Comment

i really like the orange paint. can you provide a few more details on what you did to modify the saw's rip capacity?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Very nice setup. What material did you use for the faux granite... it looks like a perfect match. Also, give us some details on the "orange" paint, brand, color name, etc. Or did you have it mixed.

Thanks for sharing this with us, great job,

CWS

Comment

WOW! Really, really nice!

Comment

Really awesome

A good project from someone up in the Granite State.

Comment

Outstanding. I wonder if a "faux cast iron" table would look as good?

Comment

Hmmmm...didn't even notice he was from NH.

Could've used real granite then. It's lying around all over the place here...

Comment

Very impressive! Do you have some kind of attachement to keep the outfeed table lined up with the 4511?
                    Thanks for sharing!
                    Mick

Comment

Nice Job!! I am currently doing pretty much the same as far as the rails and side extension. I think I ended up with about 41 inch rip to the right. I picked up full length rear 1-1/4 X 3/16 angle, front 2-1/2 x 3/16 angle and 2 inch X 1/8 square stock. My side extension is 20 inches wide. I still need to paint the rails. I think I'll use some brush on expoxy.

Comment

What material are you guys using for the replacement rails and angle iron? Aluminum, steel, etc?

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks all for the kind replies! I had fun modding the saw and I'm very pleased with the results. The fence is dead on all the way out to 42.5". The outfeed table is not connected to the saw, it just butts up to the back rail. I wanted to be able to move the table around and use it for a work bench/assembly table. It has adjustable nylon padded feet so it slides around pretty good on the concrete floor. I may slot the front edge so that it fits into the back angle iron on the saw and eliminates the gap. I removed the rear clip on the fence so that the table can butt up to the back rail. I also removed the t-slot bracket on the end of the miter gauge since I don't feel it's a necessary to the function of the gauge for my purposes and it also eliminates the possibility of mishandling the miter gauge and chipping out the miter slot in the granite.

millman

Comment

Originally posted by TheChucker View Post
                            What material are you guys using for the replacement rails and angle iron? Aluminum, steel, etc?

Thanks.

I used steel 3/16 angle and steel 1/8 square tube. The original 1-1/4 rear angle is only 1/8 but the 3/16 gives more support for the longer angle and if you are adding an additional side ext table you will need it. The only issue is the gap in the tail end of the fence isn't large enough for the 3/16 so I added a couple of lock washers under the metal bracket on the fence tail end to increase the gap. Other than that just be sure the bolt holes are the same vertical distance from the top of the angle.

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way but I hate you, . Now if you could just make me one then maybe my hatred will begin to pass.

All joking aside, that looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X