Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Tune-Up in St. Louis

Jake,

Is there anyone at Ridgid who can come to my shop and tune my Ridgid 3612 table saw, Ridgid planer and Ridgid jointer? For a fee of course.

I'm new to woodworking and I'm not too confident in my tuning abilities.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    I would suggest that you attempt to tune these tools yourself. I realize that as a new woodworker this may seem a daunting task, but you will become far more familiar with how each piece of equipment works if you do it yourself. Just my two cents... Dave

Comment

I did tune these up, at least to the best of my ability, but I would like someone who has a clue to check my work and give me any tips when I do it again. I'm pretty good at observing and repeating what I've been taught, but when I learn in a vacuum (by myself) sometimes it's tough to know if you got it right.

Thanks for the reply,
      Michael

Comment

I learn much better by example myself...manuals are great for pictures, but they usually leave out certain pertinent info. I wouldn't mind having someone over to check my work either.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Correct Kelly,

I would just like someone to check my work and see if I'm on track, and if not, show me the right way to do it. Experience in these matters is invaluable.

Michael

Comment

Do you have a Woodcraft nearby? The one near me is having a class on power tool tune up. I don't think I'll make the time for it, although I know I need it, but it sounded like a lot of what you are looking for on other branded equipment.

Comment

Jerry,

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Jake, any reply to my original question?

Thanks,
              Michael

Comment

Working...
              X