TP1300LS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300LS

Was wondering if there are Ridgid planer users out there that might be willing to give feedback and words of wisdom about the TP1300LS.

I don't know if there are any differences or not, but I have the original GRAY TP1300 and have not had a single problem in almost 3 years now. It is acurate and as long as the infeed and outfeed tables are level there is no snipe.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I just bought the TP1300LS about 10 days ago for plaining exotic hardwoods. I have been pretty happy with it so far. The motor seems ample enough to handle some of the tougher hardwoods. The only feature I miss on this unit is the option for two speeds instead of one. Some of the comepetitively priced units like DeWalt, Hitachi, etc all have the option of two speeds. Other than this small shortcoming, I am very satisfied with the performance of my new TP.

Comment

I bought this thickness planer about a year ago. I have run about 700 bf of exotic wood, not to mention purple heart. Everything is still perfectly adjusted. I would not hesitate to tell anyone interested in listening that this is a machine worthy of its price. I make furniture just as a hobby. If you do this for a living, then you might want to invest in a better machine. But if you want to use it the way I do, then this tool will make you very happy.

Jim

Comment

I got the tp1300 also. Everything is up to par. I still haven't changed or sharpened the blades yet and it show no signs of wear. I try and made use of the full length of the cutting blade by not always feeding the stock in the middle where the indicator is. I may use it to guage how much I may be taking off but then I feed it starting from the left and then feed the next one where this first board's right edge ended.
          ____ ____ ____
          ____ ____

|-------13"---------|

I must say I love this machine. Wish these planers would make less noise...but with earplugs on the whole time I'm in the shop...it is not loud at all (perhaps the ones upstairs from the shop may say differently).
          Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by manhusbandfather:
            I got the tp1300 also. Everything is up to par. I still haven't changed or sharpened the blades yet and it show no signs of wear. I try and made use of the full length of the cutting blade by not always feeding the stock in the middle where the indicator is. I may use it to guage how much I may be taking off but then I feed it starting from the left and then feed the next one where this first board's right edge ended.
            ____ ____ ____
            ____ ____

|-------13"---------|

I must say I love this machine. Wish these planers would make less noise...but with earplugs on the whole time I'm in the shop...it is not loud at all (perhaps the ones upstairs from the shop may say differently).
            Sorry, this little design didn't come out like I wanted to...the spaces were taken out.
            Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

Want to thank you all for your input. I was looking at one at HD the other day. I orginally was looking at the Ryobi. Then I say the 1300 and it was a ~100 more, BUT, HD has a 50 gift card and it comes with a stand which I think levels the playing field very well.

Comment

I don't ownt the TP1300, but have read some favorable reviews from magazines, and positive comments on forums. The Ridgid, DeWalts, and Deltas seem be the most popular.

Comment

Working...
                X