Woodworking FasTTrak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworking FasTTrak

Has anyone used this with a Ridgid miter guage?
    http://www.woodworkingfasttrak.com/c...tep=1&parid=16

I'm trying to decide if I can just get the add-on package, or do I need another miter guage too.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

P S -- Please note this is an actual post that doesn't mention anything about the Ridgid situation. Oops, now it does

I'm a little confused by the question. This will completely replace any brand miter gauge. All you use from the old guage is the guide bar. This is not an add-on to any current miter gauge. The head and the fence with the stop all attach to the old guide bar. The old head is disposed of. The head is an indexing head so if it is made accurately and your miter slot is aligned to your blade, you should get perfect angles.

gator

Comment

Gator,

Not that I'm doubting you. But where in the text does it say that you'll be getting an indexing miter gauge, as well as the FastTrack & Stop?

This must be one of the worst sites I've seen, because there is little description whatsoever of the actual product that the famous Mark is trying to sell!

The product description reads: "The system includes a 24" piece of DP Track, a FasTTraK Pro Stop, a right-to-left reading 24" stick-on tape and mounting hardware"

Where's the gauge in all this? And for $50. You sure you also get an indexing gauge, if so it's the best bargain I've come accross in a long time.

David

Comment

David -

Appears that you may be right. Just looking at the picture, I saw the indexing miter gauge and knew that it was not a standard issue on any saw I have ever seen so I guess I assumed (and you know what assume does to u and me) it came with the kit. Also the text talks about adding it to the miter guide not the miter gauge and to me the miter guide is the bar that rides in the slot.

gator

Comment

Without indexed degree stops your wasting your money. And don't forget that if there is any side to side movement between your bar and slot you lose accracy. I would get a complete after market gauge like ones by Incra.

Comment

Gator,

I've requested clarification from Mark at FasTTracK. I believe that by Miter Guide he means Miter Gauge. If he's using the Woodhaven Gauge, then the complete package including the FasTTracK & Stop is listed at $175. I don't believe that the Woodhave/FasTTracK miter bar has width adjustment to fit snugly into the slot.

Therefore the Incra 1000SE which has track, is indexed, has an adjustable bar and costs $122 must be a much better value.IMHO

David

[ 05-24-2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Cutbuff ]

Comment

Kevin,
              For what it is worth, I got a piece of "Genuine Incra track" and a shop stop from Woodpeck's.

http://www.woodpeck.com/incratrack.html

With a 3/4" particle-board spacer underneath, the track bolts onto the stock gauge with the hardware included with the track (I believe). Total, it cost around $56 with the 36" track and good stop. The Miter 1000SE is selling for $130 and seems like a good deal.

I went with the track because it serves as a fence all over my shop now so that more than justifies its cost. It is currently on my self-built drill press table. I didn't get the miter gage because a cross-cut sled is better than a gage. I am currently building a self-made sled similar to the Incra Miter 5000 where the Incra track will serve again.

http://www.woodpeck.com/mitgauge.html

If any of you are interested, I'll post when I get it done. Woodpeck's sells the needed t-track here (http://www.woodpeck.com/14ttrack.html). In my design, there are 2 t-track slots in the sled. The fence has a right angle brace on it and connects to the t-track with nobs. I will have to set angles manually (don't mind) but there will be t-track stops at the back of the sled for a perfect 90 degree stop every time.

Comment

Working...
              X