X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts3650 and delta 35-535 dado set

I bought my ts3650 in the 2002-2003 time frame. it has been in storage for a while but since i built my new shop i have been checking the setup of the saw and ran into a concern that i apparently had forgotten about. when i install all the chippers and blades, it seems that i can only thread the arbor nut maybe one or two threads. I can get it tight but i was wondering if anyone out there knew of a problem with the saws manufactured in this time frame with the arbor too short. do you think it would be safe to use it as is? thanks for the help

rjherald

Re: ts3650 and delta 35-535 dado set

leave the stabilizer washer off. You dont need it with a dado set and then you will have plenty of thread.

All of us, with the same saw, do it that way and there's yet to be a fatality.

Comment

Re: ts3650 and delta 35-535 dado set

rj, are you using the outside blade washer that came with the saw when you stack the dado's? If so maybe you could substitute a thinner washer or just eliminate the washer alltogether. I would'nt feel comfortable with just a couple of threads engaged. Iv'e used my dado's many times without the outside washer when iv'e had to shim the stack out to 7/8".

millman

Comment

Working...
      X