X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in praise of the ts3660

i have just recently gotten back into woodworking and decided to upgrade my equipment a bit. i already had a ts2424 but learned about the home depot sale on the 3660 and had to upgrade. btw, it was on this site that i found out about the sale.
    i immediately noticed that the 3660 was a much more substantial saw than was the 2424. so, i decided that i'd really go for it and build all of the jigs i'd been reading about in the woodworking magazines. i figured that between the precision the 3660 offered and the jigs i could do most anything. well, today i built a jig for raised panels and made 8 of them. they turned out great and i'm starting to like woodworking more and more. your equipment really does make a difference. when i figure out how i'll post some pictures of the panels. they really weren't that hard to do.

Re: in praise of the ts3660

Congrats on the new saw! ....... And welcome back to woodworking

Comment

I have a couple of jigs in some older books outlined...is there a website that features maybe some modern updates to these?

I want to get into better joinery now I will have the tools to use.

Comment

I have both saws myself.

I don't know that I'd the 3660 an "upgrade" exactly. They have different purposes. If you were using the 2400 series to do a 3600 series job, then it would be a serious upgrade.

But if you like to travel as much as I do, the 2400 series kicks it's butt.

They are both awesome.

If you have a shop to work in, there is no comparison. Try throwing that 3600 in the back if the truck though

Comment

There are two sites I know of. Fine Woodworking and Wood Magazine.
          They both have lots of jigs.

Comment

Working...
          X