X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions; 3650 or 3660?

I am in the process of buying a new ts. I have decided on the Ridgid brand because of all the positive reviews, but I don't know what has been changed from the 3650 to the 3660. It looks like I can get a reconditioned one for around $450 from H.D., but I'm not sure about reconditioned over new. Needless to say, I would appreciate any insight I could get. I know that the 4511 is coming out, but my money situation keeps me from even considering it, therefore I am looking for the cheapest way out and still get a quality saw to do small furniture and hobby work in my shop. I am also new to this site and look forward to learning more from you guys.

Re: Decisions, decisions; 3650 or 3660?

Originally posted by cut'nwood View Post
    I am in the process of buying a new ts. I have decided on the Ridgid brand because of all the positive reviews, but I don't know what has been changed from the 3650 to the 3660. It looks like I can get a reconditioned one for around $450 from H.D., but I'm not sure about reconditioned over new. Needless to say, I would appreciate any insight I could get. I know that the 4511 is coming out, but my money situation keeps me from even considering it, therefore I am looking for the cheapest way out and still get a quality saw to do small furniture and hobby work in my shop. I am also new to this site and look forward to learning more from you guys.
    All of my local HDs have the 3650/3660 on clearance for 399. If you can score a 10% off Lowes coupon (HINT: moving packet at your local post office), your HD might also apply that, making it 360+tax.

The main differences between 3650 and 3660 were the 3660 having a more rigid stand (better bracing between the legs), and the 3660 comes in one box vs the 3650 coming in two (which is important, as I have noticed most HDs have "lost track" of the second box for the 3650s, which is impossible to do with the 3660 ).

The 4511 is already out, and there are plenty of aspects that are nicer (riving knife, better dust collection, etc) but for $399 or $360, I dont think the 3650/3660 can be beat.

-Chris

Comment

The 3650 and 3660 are essentially the same machine. The 3660 has slightly different bracing on the stand, which most say is somewhat more stable. Also, everything comes in one big box. The 3650 was shipped with the fence rails in a separate carton. So if you end up with a 3650, make sure your friendly HD gives you both boxes.

Also, $450 reconditioned seems a bit high for either one, right now. The 4511 will eventually replace the 3660 as Ridgid's higher-end table saw. Posts abound about how many HDs are clearing the 3650/3660s out of inventory for something like $399. Keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
        All of my local HDs have the 3650/3660 on clearance for 399. If you can score a 10% off Lowes coupon (HINT: moving packet at your local post office), your HD might also apply that, making it 360+tax.

The main differences between 3650 and 3660 were the 3660 having a more rigid stand (better bracing between the legs), and the 3660 comes in one box vs the 3650 coming in two (which is important, as I have noticed most HDs have "lost track" of the second box for the 3650s, which is impossible to do with the 3660 ).

The 4511 is already out, and there are plenty of aspects that are nicer (riving knife, better dust collection, etc) but for $399 or $360, I dont think the 3650/3660 can be beat.

-Chris

Yeah.... what he said.

Comment

Thanks for your help. My quest now is to find all the HD's that have these on sale. Ours here have neither one in stock. Thanks for the 10% coupon idea.

Comment

399.00 in Indiana also. apply for a credit card and save 10% also...
            I've been very happy with my 3650, good luck

Comment

To me the difference is not enough to worry about, get one or the other but get one before they are gone.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X