Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ridgid 3650

Hey Cutnwood,

You didn't by chance pick that 3650 up at the HD on Howard Lane & I35 between Austin and Pflugerville did you? (noticed the one they had that was missing box 2 dissapeared in the last day or so)

Tom

Comment

As a matter of fact I did get the last one at the Howard Lane store. I felt pretty fortunate. Even as I was loading it in the truck, a guy stopped and asked if they had any more at the price I paid. Now all I really need is the rails, because the fence is in box #1. Maybe if nevbob's friend wants to sell...

Comment

Well, I heard back from a Ridgid rep. in an email concerning my rails for the 3650. I can buy them from Ridgid for $195 (rail set only, which is box #2). I personally think that's a bit pricey, and should go ahead and upgrade. What do you guys think? What would you suggest as far as a fence? I'd love to have a Bietemeyer, but I can't afford it. Your thoughts appreciated.

Comment

Does seem a little pricey. You can get one of the Delta 30" T2 fence and rail systems for less than that. (+/- $175 through Amazon)

I am not recommending the T2 (as I have never actually used one other than casual messing around at Lowes...on a badly assembled Delta saw, so not a good way to evaluate). But I am sure others here have some experience with the T2 and can chime in.

Tom
          Last edited by tomapple; 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I was at Lowes last night. They do have the T2 fence on clearance for $129

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll definitely check that out. I've been checking craigslist and other parts of the forum. I'm tired of looking, ready to start working with my new saw.

Comment

FYI, I went to Lowe's yesterday and got my Delta T2 fence to complete my saw. It was marked down clearance to $129, but when I got it to the cashier, it rang up $109! Pretty good price on a great fence and rails assembly. BTW I got the last one in the box with one on display at the second Lowe's I tried. Better hurry!

Comment

That's great! Glad to hear that you found a very good deal on the T2 fence.

Just to let any folks in the central Texas area that are still looking for 3650/3660's...I spotted another 3650 "up top" at the Howard Lane/I-35 store yesterday.

Also, they have 4 of the R4511's in stock (all "up top" too).

Comment

Wow. And I though the 3650 was a extinct animal. I bet it doesn't stay there long. Glad I got mine when I did.

Comment

Working...
                    X