X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 3650

In my quest to find the 3650 or 3660 in my area, I have only located the 3650 in one store. However, they do not have both shipping boxes, only the main box. Can anyone tell me what parts I would be missing without the second box? Thanks in advance

Re: ridgid 3650

The main box is a big squarish box. It has everything EXCEPT the rails. Without the rail box you do not have a table saw!! The rail box is long and skinny, say about 6" square and about 4 foot long or so. You have to have both boxes.

It's important to note that the 3660 model is all in one box. The 3650 is the model that has 2 boxes.
    Last edited by VASandy; 03-23-2009, 01:32 PM. Reason: difference in 3660 (1 box) and 3650 (2 boxes).
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

They'll have to knock ~ $150 off if the fence is missing to make it worth it.

Comment

If you work this right, you may come out ahead on this one. If they give you enough off to purchase a new aftermarket fence, you'd probobaly have a better set up anyhow!!

Work it!!

Comment

I wonder if they have really looked hard enough for Box #2.

Time after time we see this mentioned here. How can so many Table Saws leave the factory w/o Box #2 or get separated from Box #1 during shipment? I guess that is why they went with the two-piece rails on the 3660 so they could keep it all in one box. Guess they underestimated how easily the two could get separated when the brought the 3650 out. Somewhere in the back are about a zillion Box #2s waiting to be claimed.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

Time after time we see this mentioned here. How can so many Table Saws leave the factory w/o Box #2 or get separated from Box #1 during shipment? I guess that is why they went with the two-piece rails on the 3660 so they could keep it all in one box. Guess they underestimated how easily the two could get separated when the brought the 3650 out. Somewhere in the back are about a zillion Box #2s waiting to be claimed.
            Not separated from factory or during shipping, more like bad handling by the drones at HD. When the 3650 was "new" I saw a whole bunch of the #1 and #2 boxes near each other. As they started selling, and HD started getting rid of the floor displays of the larger tools, the #2 boxes started migrating away from the rest of the saw. I remember at one point they were in the same "rack" as the MSUV!!! Yeah that makes sense!!!)

Now my local HD has a 3650 with no #2 box for sale. Luckily I got the last 3660 they had when they went on clearance. Even still, Ive considered walking in and offering some insane low amount for the remaining 3650 without box 2.........saw is useless without box 2, and HD wants to get rid of the saw.........I wonder how low they would go!!!

Comment

Offer $200. Yes, the 'seperation' most likely occured in the stores.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

I don't know what 3660 you've been looking at, but mine has a one piece rail.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                  I don't know what 3660 you've been looking at, but mine has a one piece rail.
                  Well I have not 'looked' at any of them. But I thought it was mentioned on here more than once that the rails were two piece on the 3660 which is how they got them in the one box. As I remember Box #2 for my 3650 was a bit longer than Box #1.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

Sorry Bob, no. The closest I can think of is that there are two rails. One at the front, and one at the back, though I'm sure that's not the source of the confusion. The long boy, the front one, is definitely a single aluminum extrusion. It sat diagonally in the box, hence why the box seems too small for the size of the saw.

On a side note - I wonder if the reason the 4511 has a two piece rail (inferior is my view) due to experience with the 3650? If it had had a single piece rail, it would have necessitated a second box, and that didn't work out too well with the 3650, it seems. One small box vs the same box and a very differently shaped box as well would also present shipping problems/cost magnification.

Comment

What a wonderful time I have had the last two days talking to so many HD employees at so many of the Texas stores! I have about determined that I bought the last 3650 in this big state this morning. It is only box #1 and I was able to walk out of the store paying only $250 for the saw. Even while I was standing at the desk, the lady got another call for the saw I was purchasing. I feel real fortunate getting this saw. After buying an upgraded fence I may not see that much of a savings, but at least I got the saw at a good price and look forward to using it for many years to come. I'll let you know how the warranty registration goes. I'm not expecting any problems. I may be screaming when I put it together this weekend. HEAVY! Makes my little craftsman feel like a feather.

Comment

Ive read that some Lowes have the Delta T2 fence on clearance for 129. Might want to check that out (although I think it might be shorter than the stock 3650 fence).

Also interesting is that at one point I had seen a Ridgid "box #2" on craigslist, selling for 75 bux. That was a while ago though.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                          Ive read that some Lowes have the Delta T2 fence on clearance for 129. Might want to check that out (although I think it might be shorter than the stock 3650 fence).

Also interesting is that at one point I had seen a Ridgid "box #2" on craigslist, selling for 75 bux. That was a while ago though.
                          That's a nice fence for $129. The stock rip capacity is 30", but you should be able to slide the front rail tube over to the right to get 40". You're not likely to ever need any ripping capacity on the left side with a left tilt saw.

Comment

I have a 3660 and the stock rip width is 36" with the fence installed in the standard position.

With the fence shifted I have read that you can get it as high as 52".

Comment

A friend of mine said that he bought a TS3650, and wound up with 2 sets of rails. Come to find out, he got a TS3660 with the rails in the main box, and they gave him an additional box w/rails that was actually the #2 box for a TS3650. Great crew at HD
                              Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X