No announcement yet.

1hp dust collector enough for garage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1hp dust collector enough for garage?

What do you guys think of this? It's FS on CL in my area. 3 HP. Way overkill but at least I won't outgrow it. Asking price is 250.00. It states it runs on 110 or 220? I though anything over 1.5 was all 220.

Comment

is it me, or do these two dust collectors seem to be just a little to similar?

http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/pr...y=5&tool=65110

http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-ap400.html
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

they are all made in the same sweat shop....

Comment

Originally posted by fastlane View Post
          What do you guys think of this? It's FS on CL in my area. 3 HP. Way overkill but at least I won't outgrow it. Asking price is 250.00. It states it runs on 110 or 220? I though anything over 1.5 was all 220.

Good price. Not sure how you'd get a true 3HP out of 110V, but stranger things have been known to happen...

Expect to put some extra $$ into fine filtration bags or better yet, cartridges... But that is a good start...

Comment

Originally posted by dbhost View Post
            Good price. Not sure how you'd get a true 3HP out of 110V, but stranger things have been known to happen...

Expect to put some extra $$ into fine filtration bags or better yet, cartridges... But that is a good start...
            Its a Craftsman style HP rating.

Same as they use on their shop vacs.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Since loss of airflow is a problem for the trunk lineforlow cost/power units, has anyone tried 6" dia. for the main line and then used 4" drops?

Comment

thanks for all of the good information and discussion. i believe that i see one of those harbor freight 2 hp dc's in my future. up to this point i've just been living with sawdust everywhere but fired up a planer for the first time last night...dc of some kind is no longer optional. i couldn't believe how fast i created a mound of sawdust.

Comment

Working...
                X