trunyan trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trunyan trouble

I bought the 3650 last year and have had no problems. Recently while cutting on the right side of the blade I noticed burns while ripping and, when pushing all the way through during crosscuts, the blade cutting again slightly at the back end. I found that the blade was not parellel to the miter slot and tried to adjust the trunyan to fix it. The manual calls for the blade to be at least 1/8 in. away from the left side of the stock throat plate- which mine is at the rear. However, I cannot move the front of the trunyan to match up with the rear. The rear adjustment is maxed out all the way and the blade is still out of square.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: trunyan trouble

Originally posted by gearpin View Post
    I bought the 3650 last year and have had no problems. Recently while cutting on the right side of the blade I noticed burns while ripping and, when pushing all the way through during crosscuts, the blade cutting again slightly at the back end. I found that the blade was not parellel to the miter slot and tried to adjust the trunyan to fix it. The manual calls for the blade to be at least 1/8 in. away from the left side of the stock throat plate- which mine is at the rear. However, I cannot move the front of the trunyan to match up with the rear. The rear adjustment is maxed out all the way and the blade is still out of square.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I had the same problem. I had to loosen the bolts on the front and had a buddy push it over and hold it while I tightened the bolts back. Then align the rear to the front (which involved loosening all the rear bolts and moving it over by hand). When I finally got the bade square it ended up being a little proud of 3/16 away from the factory throat plate. The adjustment lever ended up being almost in the middle of the adjustment travel.

Comment

Working...
    X