X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another lurker on board

OK, everyone, after lurking for a while, I decided to jump into the fray.

I guess I'd fall into the advanced beginner or beginning intermediate skill set, and have been building projects since October 1998.

This past March, I made the jump up from a benchtop Delta saw to the RIDGID 3612, and I have had nothing but success with it. It's a beast, and it cuts great. This will be my first full 'season' (I can't work in my garage during the summer - it's just too darned hot)with the saw, and I have a few projects already lined up - including a bookshelf for a friend, a two-step stepstool for my niece, a new bathroom vanity, an entertainment center for my back room, etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here!
    This is the sort of pedantic nonsense up with which I shall not put.<br /> -- Sir Winston Churchill

Welcome Tampa Tom...

There is a great bunch of folks here with ton's of knowledge on just about anything under the sun...

Sounds like you have some pretty cool projects coming up... Show us pictures when you get them done... Our motto here is "No Pictures; Didn't Happen"... Just kidding... We would be very interested in seeing your work...
    Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Welcome to the forum Tampa Tom!

Comment

Thanks, gang. I'm really excited to get on board and start posting. Just have to get one of them fancy new-phangled digital photos and start snapping shots left and right at the ole hacienda.
        This is the sort of pedantic nonsense up with which I shall not put.<br /> -- Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Welcome Tampa Tom, I think you'll find this place to your liking.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Welcome Tampa Tom!
            These guy's really know there stuff. There a great resource. I can't even guess how much time and money they have saved me in the months I've been on this fourm.
            I could use one of those two step stools, my wife's been asking but have been much too busy!!
            Rob Johnson
            Orange,Ca.

[ 08-12-2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Backyard Woodworker ]
            Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Comment

Welcome! I am new here and these guys have helped me out tremedously. To the ponit I have totally torn off my fence assembly.

Can't wait to see some pictures, especially the step stool design. I have a niece that could use one.

ERic

Comment

Dimensions and pictures of a 2 step stool are on my site at www.plesums.com/wood/bedroom/accessories.html

The price is high because I don't want to be in the step stool business, but they aren't that hard to make. The only change I would do is to set the brace board, under the front of each step, back a little farther (say 3/4 of an inch) so that the plugged screws holding it in place are a little farther back - not as close to the edge.

The sides were edge glued with a shorter board attached to a longer board, so there was practically no waste. Lots of ways to make the joints, but I just countersunk screws, and plugged the holes.

Comment

Charlie -

That's exactly what I wanted to build! I was planning on making mine out of southern yellow pine and finishing it with that minwax polyshades antique pine. Give it that antique hard pine look.

Who knows, I might even get fancy and try to dovetail the stairs in....

I love to be ambitious, and pine is cheap [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X