X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for TS 3650/3660

Hi gang. I'm new to the forum. Has anyone seen any remaining 3650/3660 in the Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse region? Still looking for a steal!! Thanks

WnW

Re: Looking for TS 3650/3660

Welcome to the group. Why wait for an answer from someone here? Get on the phone and start calling all the HD's in your area. You possibly could be putting one together by this afternoon.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i agree... start calling. i dont think you will find a better "bang for the buck" saw. even if you have to make a short road trip it would be worth it.

Comment

btw. check craigs list as well. i found mine (new in box) for even less than home depots sale price.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt replies fellas. I called about 15 stores and found none. Maybe it's a sign that granite is in my future

WnW

Comment

Heck, you're right in my back yard! I'm in Greece in the Latta/Long Pond area.

Even if you can't find a 3660 at one of the HDs, you may find someone trading up for the R4511 hybrid. Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist and Ebay. You might also find that Lowes is willing to deal on the Delta 36-980, which is a nice saw in the same class as the 3660, but the chances are that it'll end up being closer in price to the R4511, which has several design advantages IMHO. Good luck!

Comment

Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist and Ebay
              In addition to watching you can post what you are looking for. Sometimes people have something but have failed to list it. Or they are thinking of trading up and hesitated. Seeing you 'wanted' ad might push them over the edge and you could be looking at a TS in your shop sooner than you expected.

Besides, when you place a 'wanted' ad, you turn the tables and have the sellers coming to you, you've got more control over the transaction now.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                Heck, you're right in my back yard! I'm in Greece in the Latta/Long Pond area.

Even if you can't find a 3660 at one of the HDs, you may find someone trading up for the R4511 hybrid. Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist and Ebay. You might also find that Lowes is willing to deal on the Delta 36-980, which is a nice saw in the same class as the 3660, but the chances are that it'll end up being closer in price to the R4511, which has several design advantages IMHO. Good luck!
                I'm in Spencerport right in the Village.

Comment

Here's some food for thought on a used saw....What you've got here is a full size cast iron Emerson made Craftsman contractor saw that was essentially a predecessor to the 3650/3660, and basically has the same guts. He's asking a $100, and it needs wings (I'd try him at $75). You could sell the existing fence for ~ $35-$40 on Ebay, and buy a new Delta T2 on sale for $129. Buy wings for ~ $30 or make you own, and have roughly $200 invested in a very functional saw with a nice fence.

Here's another option....a Hitachi C10FL for $275 (I'd offer less for this one too). It's a current model that Lowes sells for $500. It should be fine "as is", but you could always swap that fence too....you'd then have a decent hybrid with a good fence for maybe $325 out of pocket depending on what you can get for the original fence, or just use it as is for ~ $250-$275.

Comment

as of monday. the new rochelle, ny HD had a 3660 sitting in the tool coral, new in the box.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                      as of monday. the new rochelle, ny HD had a 3660 sitting in the tool coral, new in the box.
                      and your local HD should be willing to have it shipped to them for no charge. Also, don't forget to ask for a 10% discount if you open a charge account

Comment

Working...
                      X