Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Router for router table?

rofl,

That's the router I ended up buying, it works great in the router table I built. The dust collection fitting it comes with works great hooked up to a shop vac. Good choice!

millman

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw123 View Post
      Another alternative is to make raised panels with a "vertical raised panel router bit". Their claim is a perfect raised panel with a lower HP router. Here's one link I just found: http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...pnlbitrvu.html.
      Yeah, I'm planning on using these for a toy chest I'm building -- Lee Valley has a few different kinds available. I'll have to report on the results.

BTW; my router lift is a wedged in spreader clamp... lol. Cheap, and relatively effective.

--Jeff

Comment

I bought the 3.25hp Triton as a dedicated table mounted router. FYI. the opening on the triton is 3" in diameter. not sure if it can take a 3.5" bit. but I'll be happy to find that I'm mistaken (if the bit is kept above the base opening somehow... not really sure)

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
          Here's my tip for you:

Instead, what you are buying is not the router lift. What you are buying is efficiency.
          Nah, they don't care about efficiency... they know you're not coming out of the shop.

Play the safety card. If you're wife hasn't got a clue about wood machines, it doesn't even have to be true.

Comment

Working...
          X