TP1300 operation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 operation

I am new here and new to WW and just put together the TP1300. My question is: say I have 1.5" thick piece of wood and want to reduce that to 1". This is what I did;

Set stop to 1"
    Set elevation to 1.5" and placed wood just under the material removal indicator and adjusted it for about 1/16". Locked it and ran the wood through... and cranked elevation 1/16" lower and ran through again. Kept doing this until I hit the 1" stop. I am I doing it correctly?

Thanks

You have the process right. But normally you would turn it over after each pass to remove material equally from both sides, and to smooth both sides.

Comment

Learning as I go, I have found that taking a smaller amount of material off on the final pass or two helps the surface finish (1/32" or even less).

Comment

Charlie P makes a valuable point about removing (approximately) equal amounts from both sides. Keeping stock from warping is partially a balancing act of moisture content, removing all stock from one side unbalances the piece, making it likely to cup.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X