Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experiences with the ridgid Eb4424 ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experiences with the ridgid Eb4424 ?

I was in the HD today and saw the ridgid EB4424 ( Oscillating edgebelt spindle sander) on sale for $199. The sign said was reg. $329. marked down to $199. I was wondering if any body owns one and what do you think of it? and is this a good price? I am thinking of buying it since I have out grown my delta 1 inch belt sander. What do you think?
    Witzend

I would definately buy that sander, especially at that low price. I have been very pleased with mine so far. I have used other spindle sanders before, but having the oscillating belt is a wonderful feature. It takes only a minute to change from spindle to belt. Tge 2 1/2" dust collection port works well to keep the airborn dust to a minimum

Comment

I also have one and think it is great.

Comment

I have the sander and absolutely love it. Saves me a bunch of space and works well on many types of sanding chores. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe the normal price is $239, unless you reside in Canada. $40 bucks off isn't bad, since I've never seen a Ridgid Machine on sale other than displays or clearenced items.

I use mine on nearly every project for one reason or another. Be aware there is some fine tuning that will need to be done, and the free wheeling end of the belt sander is fitted with plastic parts. This makes it slightly moveable and not totally fixed at the free wheeling end. Also there have been many post about the aluminum spindle of the belt sander wedging on the drive shaft after slight ware to the spindle.
          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I just want to thank every body who answered my post. After work today I went back to the HD store and bought the ED4424. I'm glad I did it was the last one left, new in the box. I have to work this weekend,so I can't wait til Monday, my next day off to play with my new toy! Again thanks to every one for your information. You helped me decide to buy it.
            Another early Christmas gift!!
            Witzend

Comment

If you check the message board you will see that I am having MAJOR problems with mine - the belt keeps sticking/stopping and the spindles stop turning the minute I try to sand with them. I am hoping to get some answers soon..... good luck, it sounds like I seem to be the only one with a bad experience with the unit

Comment

Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Comment

Re: Any experiences with the ridgid Eb4424 ?

Hi Everyone I usually don,t post.Just read all the good info here.But I also have the os frm ridgid frm hd. 2yrs works great use the #$% out of it never let me down .I think you,ll like it. Also to all out there THANKS Again for all the great info here... Vic

Comment

I really like mine as the other posters state. It's like getting the belt sander for free. Use it almost daily with no problems thus far. It was $199 last fall and I never seen it for more than that.

Big G

Comment

It's an excellent tool for the money. I wish the platen was longer but that'd add cost.

Comment

Has anyone noted that this thread is six years old, with the original post was made in 2003?

CWS

Comment

Working...
                        X